cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Return Call From Tech Support or anyone! Tired of being ignored!

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: No Return Call From Tech Support or anyone! Tired of being ignored!

Hello, the weekend is coming up soon already. When I asked the other day about a time frame, I wasn't given an answer. Just that it was ready yet. Do you think you can give me an estimate of how long I must endure this?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi jdayton1,

I've poked the engineers for any info they can provide me. I'll let you know once I find anything out.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hello jdayton1,

Just got off the phone with one of the engineers regarding the slow speed concerns. It's difficult to give an ETA on a resolution, but he provided a detailed explanation on what they're working on which would explain why an ETA is tricky to determine.

First and foremost, engineering does acknowledge there are valid speed concerns and they are at the forefront of their efforts. They are currently testing configurations in certain beams which require at least a week of monitoring and several days of evaluation after the weeklong observation period. These tests on the beams are continuous and staggered, so there is no single date for when testing will be complete. Our engineers are taking this time to develop a long term solution so that this does not pop up again a few months down the road. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes you, your understanding is appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

How did my service change so much from the time it went down to the time it was reinstalled? Did they change beams on me or something? I just don't understand how it went from working (almost perfectly) to barely working. Can they not switch beams or anything? It is just getting worse all the time not better. Its a downward spiral to Gen3 speeds.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Highlighted
Sophomore

Well I guessing they know something as they are testing different beams. Is your comment really needed? Do you think it helps, I don't. It makes me feel you just want that post count and cheerleading for the company.  One day you might have a problem that makes it where it extremely frustrating and has been going on for over a month and see that it is no fun. Trying to get help is normally impossible from tech support as you jump from hoop to hoop and make you go through everything again and again to reach the same conclusion that you have been telling them for the 20th time.

Have you been waiting for a month to be told at that point they have no eta, after trying to get it fixed for a month?

Have you been dealing with issues where it is not worth it to ever try bothering with the internet, for a month?

Have you had to deal with issues that all of a sudden they finally say after a month of calls, chat, forums that they finally see an issue; instead of ingnoring me, not return calls, blaming cache, blaming weather, blaming my computer(s), etc. That there is no fix in sight?

When you do, come back and let me know.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@jdayton1

I don't at all think that Corrosive was trying to be condescending or trying to increase his post count.  I think he was simply stating, in answer to your query, that even Engineering doesn't know what happened, and they are presently working to try to figure it out.  Problems with the system don't help anyone, and they certainly don't help HughesNet themselves.    

I certainly understand your frustration, as I'm sure everyone who reads this thread does.  I had a considerable drop in speed about ten years ago that lasted for months, making me want to pull my hair out as there was no rhyme or reason to it, so I can empathize.  It was eventually resolved, or resolved itself, but that still didn't make the preceding months any more fun.  

I think, due to your considerable frustration, which, again, is understandable, you took his post in a way that wasn't intended.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Sophomore

Please tell me some good news today. The weekend was horrible. Also it sucks running out of bandwidth with such low speeds. It is like having gen3 without any data left. Hate having to contact support for more data.

Highlighted

Good morning jdayton1,

No update from engineering since they are still in the process of monitoring/testing configurations as mentioned before. I've sent you some complimentary tokens in the meantime so you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the free tokens.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Hello, I went to go pay my bill, and it still shows the fee for the installer that started all this. I am not going to be paying for this fee, as I still am having issues over a month since this happened. I thought this was already removed from my bill.