Hughesnet Community

No Return Call From Tech Support or anyone! Tired of being ignored!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdayton1
Sophomore

No Return Call From Tech Support or anyone! Tired of being ignored!

Post have returned.

No Return Call From Tech Support. Long Post. Tired of being ignored! (original post was removed)

So my post was removed. Here it is again. Why remove my post without any information? There are no lies, only the truth of how I am being treated. I did not even finish it as I am tired of the problem.

So after having problems with my gen4 for many years, and then upgrading to Gen5 I felt like I finally real internet again. The internet was always fast morning, noon and night.

The only problem I had was that after a few months I was getting randomly disconnected from my online game. I tried everything and worked with the game company support team and finally they recommended I try a VPN.

I was asked in the previous post what game it was. It is Black Desert Online. I had no issues staying connected on Gen4 or the first when I first got Gen5. It happened a few weeks again, and I had a ticket opened for this. I had been playing this game since September without needing a VPN. So for the the three or four weeks.

Low and behold I was never disconnected while using the VPN. Of course when I turned off the VPN or did not use I was disconnected. So after some months hughesnet decided I shouldn't be playing a game I guess. So I'm suppose to hid it like I'm a child behind a VPN. I did have an open ticket on this, which took a while for anyone to call me back from Tier 4 tech support. But I missed the call, and then I lost my satellite to a car accident on the same day. 

Sorry for that. Just a heads up of what I am still dealing with along with my new issues.

So onward to the problems I have now, which is reminiscent of my final Gen4 days. So I called on the day the Satellite was taken out to schedule someone to come out and fix it and it took 5 or 6 six days. I can understand that with all the new upgrades you all were getting. Heck, I even started to recommend hughesnet for the first time since I had it in the last 6 years.

So my installer got here (June 20th) and moved the satellite onto a tree, took about 10 minutes to get the sat in position. He then had some issues, he changed something from a right to left (or left to right, cannot remember exactly) and had to call tech support to make a new install now. He went in the house and finished setting everything up, and came out and told me he was done and left my computer on yahoo. So I gave him a tip and thanked him, and on his way he went.

So I go on the internet once he leaves and realize it is slower. I figured I give it some time and try later. I tried later and still bad. I called and spoke to tech support, and was told someone would have to call me back. No one called by the next day. also did a email and chat support with the next couple days. Same response.

Still after numerous call, emails, chats no one has called back. My speeds decrease as the day goes on. I think it probably had something to do with the changed the tech made. But I cannot be sure as I don't work for Hughesnet and no one calls back.

So it is July 2nd right now and 12 days after the satellite was reinstalled and no help from anyone. I am extremely upset, they want me to pay for my service call that made this happen, and just credit me days?

I have to pay a VPN $10 a month to play an online game also. Ridiculous! If I didn't tip the tech that would have paid for 2 months of it.

Some speeds I tested and just gave up, and don't bother using the internet in the night.

I am using the HT2000W, there is no other router involved as it already supplied by Hughesnet.

From Testmy.net:

6-28:  8:50pm 1.6mbs down, 130kbs up

6-29:  9:57pm 2.3mbs down, 0.13kbs up

6-29: 2.5mbs down, 254kbs up

Tickets:

There were more contact without updated tickets.

I could write more, but I am Tired and Frustrated with this.

added here, lets see if its gone soon.

98 REPLIES 98

Good morning jdayton1,

No update from engineering since they are still in the process of monitoring/testing configurations as mentioned before. I've sent you some complimentary tokens in the meantime so you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the free tokens.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hello, I went to go pay my bill, and it still shows the fee for the installer that started all this. I am not going to be paying for this fee, as I still am having issues over a month since this happened. I thought this was already removed from my bill.

Hi jdayton1,

Thank you for letting me know, I've credited the charge for the site visit to your account.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you.

Almost the weekend again and was wondering if there is any information on what is going on. Evenings are horrible, I don't even try to use it. Weekends are also horrible and mostly a waste of time trying. Please bring me some good news. 

The last time I had a problem in engineering was with gen4 and it was never fixed for the two + years I had it. 

I just want my speeds back I had before they reinstalled it. Right now it feels as I will be told there is no eta forever, and that is not acceptable. Please harass them and let me know. Thank you.

Hello,

I've asked the engineer for an update. If anything I'll let you know.

So I am hoping something will happen this week. the weekend was horrible as expected. Please something must be done soon this just ridiculous. It work perfect before, how hard can it be to figure out what change from the previous install to what he did? How hard is it to check beams? what are there 2 or 3 overlapping in my area? Try all of them. Something, anything would be nice to know instead of no eta.

Good morning,

Our engineers have debugged a configuration error causing packet loss, which is likely causing your slow speeds. A fix is being prepped for release, and once I hear any ETA on this rollout, I'll let you know.

So did they say how this could happen from one day to another. As I said I had no issues with speed, then when it had to be reinstalled, I had nother but issues with speed.

I don't have any details to share, but rest assured our engineers are working hard to address this for you and others who may be affected.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Please tell them to hurry. Its just 5pm and its horid.

tMpWJ8j2r.F3W4bJf7h

http://testmy.net/db/tMpWJ8j2r.F3W4bJf7h

Good news! Our engineers rolled out a fix to your beam (82) to improve performance. Please let me know how it is now.

Eager to hear back.

Thank you for the prompt feedback. I also ran diagnostics and they're also showing an unusually slow speed between the modem and our satellite. I will inform our engineers.

It seems whatever they did, made it worse. It did not get this bad until the evening. But as you see, it is bad in the morning now.

EfyJOgT6j

http://testmy.net/db/EfyJOgT6j

Thank you, I've sent your post back to the engineers.

Currently not even 1pm here and I cant do much. Even trying to log in times me out.

0zEq2Lmd8

http://testmy.net/db/0zEq2Lmd8

I did a test very early this morning and had 16mb. I was amazed, then 10 minutes back to normal.

XzUe25yHw.Fy3dXhBxU

Heres another one, just horid today.

I forgot to sign in after cleaning my browsers, but here is another one.

ksqRerKdS

http://testmy.net/db/ksqRerKdS

You know this is beyond acceptable. I am currently barely able to use my internet. It has gotten so much worse that I am breaking point. How does anyone think that this is acceptable? I am right around the corner for 2 months with the same problem that no seems to be able to fix or care enough to fix. How do I go from perfect speeds to the speeds where I cannot do anything on my internet? 

I may be filing my complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (Monday afternoon), at least it will be fixed within the 30 days they give you to respond. I have been more than patient waiting for a fix, but nothing. I have not been told how or why this has happened, or when it will be fixed. I have had all new equipment installed from outside all the way to the modem, including a new home run coax installed and still these issues persist. 

All I want is my internet that I signed up for and had until the day it was reinstalled. Please give me some information on why this is such a complicated job that it requires your engineering team almost 2 months to fix.

I will wait for your response till monday afternoon before I file my complaint.

This weekend was the last straw of trying to use my internet with such horrible speeds.

FZhM7oSpC

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

jdayton1,

You will get the same response there as you do from here, sorry that you are having issues, you aren't the only one.  As Liz stated, they are running tests on different gateways and trying to locate the issues for each gateway.  This is a more complicated matter than you can hope to realize.

Also, they attempted a fix for your issue, the fix didn't work, Liz just forwarded that it didn't work on the 4th, yet you are screaming and posting constantly since then, even though it's a weekend, expecting someone to be in the office to press a magical button that doesn't exist.

They came out with a fix and it was released already. But it actually made mine worse as can be seen in the speeds I have posted. It is not just in the evening when I cannot use the internet. 

Trust me I don't want to go that way ( I hate having to rely on someone else), but as I stated noone will give me answer on why this happened (going from 40mbps to 1 mbps). I would love to have something, tell me why, how, when..... anything. 

Really, I'm not a mushroom. I would like to be treated as paying customer.

Don't get me wrong, the people working on this forum are extremely nice and try to be as helpful as possible, but the issue is still coming from their engineering or even tier 4 support who from my experience aren't able to fix many issues at all. The only reason I switched from Gen4 to Gen5 is that they could not fix any of my problems. One was basically the same issue speed due to congestion and the other was not being able to use certain website with the web accelartor on.

The support I received from the phone is just a disgrace, which is why I refuse to talk to them anymore. Liz and the staff here are extremely helpful and friendly, so this isn't on them at all. But I would ask how long is long enough with it just getting worse and worse.

I did not see that second paragraph you made there.... So I'm screaming , can  you see me in your magic ball of infinite wisdom? I do not expect anyone to be working today, I was posting for their information so they would have it tomorrow and finally lost it. My wife does use the internet for work and we do have a family and grandkids like to use it, but guess what? Hasn't been happening much and now it barely works.

If they had a so called magic button I wouldn't be here.

So Mr Elitist, ask yourself if you weren't using your wonderful speeds and had mine would you not mention anything or just sit there and quietly suck it up? Do you feel better trying to belittle me? I hope it made your day.