cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service Upgrades?

bud

No Service Upgrades?

I am currently on a 350 MB plan where I am having problems with the free download period. So I thought that an upgrade to an 800 MB plan might help with the speeds seeing the Service Upgrade option in my Dashboard showing that with a service plan upgrade I can surf at faster speeds and get a greater download allowance using the same modem I have. When I input my SAN and Zip I get a page that doesn't show any plans at all, just Tools & Connectivity, Security & Productivity etc.
Is the 350 MB plan the most I can get for an Alaskan customer?
11 REPLIES 11
Honorary Alumnus

Re: No Service Upgrades?

I don't recall Hughes ever offering a 800 MB residential plan.

Here is a list of achieved plans

(a 7000 is Ku band)

Source:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/other-service-plans.cfm

bud

When I first created an account with my.hughesnet I did see which package I am currently on. When I looked for it, I didn't see it anywhere. According to my invoice I am paying $79.99 for 350 MB download allowance plan. Either I'm on some secret plan or I am getting ripped for 125 MB. Also, my Starband dish that was upgraded has a 2w radio. Would upgrading to a small office plan help with the speeds in the free download period?
Associate Professor

Sounds like you have a business class service plan...  BI-200 is the closest at $69.99+ Lease with 350MB/day for data, and it doe's show an 850MB service plan, at the tune of $200/month.  But, it also shows those plans as no longer available.  The screen shot Gwalk posted shows the only current KU plans available for Alaska currently.

Alum

Hi bud, 

You are currently subscribed to the power 150 plan. The only way to get you upgraded properly with a legacy plan is by calling into our 24/7 support center. 

- Chris
Freshman

Thank you, Chris. What are the legacy plans and how much are they?
Associate Professor

Assistant Professor

sli-er_15, are you on the 7000 system? Legacy plans are for people on that modem. Have to ask, sorry.
bud

sli-er_15 = bud lol. Forgot which option I used to log in as bud for a while. Yes, "we" are on the 7000 system. 
Assistant Professor

Lol, thought you were a different customer jumping on "bud's" post. Gotta love the internet.