No Service - state code 11.2.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynnwade46
Freshman

No Service - state code 11.2.1

I realize that this is a weather related code, however i gave the weather a day before I called to report the problem I just keep getting told its weather at the gateway location. I guess there has been a storm for 48 plus hours. I honestly feel insulted at this excuse. In 3 years I havent had a problem. At what point can we stop looking in a book and saying its weather and entertain the idea that it might be a modem or dish issue?? Thanks in advance for any advice.
14 REPLIES 14
Damian

Hello @Lynnwade46,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are not entertaining the idea that there is an issue with your modem or dish because there is nothing wrong with it. There are no errors in your diagnostic history to show us otherwise. When the equipment is fully operational, but you are getting a state code associated with poor weather, it becomes clear what is causing the issue. This is especially true since you claim to have not had a problem in the past 3 years. Your beam is located in Salt Lake City, Utah which has had many severe weather issues recently. Right now, the gateway is still recovering from these issues. Once this is resolved, the state code will go back to normal. We do have many preventative measures in place to protect the terminal from weather issues the best we can, and in your case, we have managed to spare you and many others from this over the previous years. Every once in a while, the weather can cause an issue we cannot prevent. I do apologize for the inconvenience but this is the nature of satellite internet technology.  

-Damian 

So day 3 with no service. Any idea when the "storm" (apparently of the century and not showing on weather.com - 72 and sunny) is going to end? I'm not going to get further frustrated by calling anymore.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Lynnwade46 

Do you remember if you may have had a weather event with a lot of wind at your location around the time you started seeing this State Code?  I ask this because I'm wondering if wind could have caused your dish to move so that it is no longer aimed properly.  Or, is there possibly a tree or other foliage that has grown up to be in the way of the dish's pointing?  

Just for reference, I'm not a HughesNet employee.  Nor am I trying to step on Damian's toes.  I'm only trying to think of other possible causes of this State Code.

maratsade

Wouldn't these issues show up in the remote diagnostics?

@GabeU wrote:

I'm wondering if wind could have caused your dish to move so that it is no longer aimed properly.  Or, is there possibly a tree or other foliage that has grown up to be in the way of the dish's pointing?  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Wouldn't these issues show up in the remote diagnostics? 

Probably, but anything's possible.  

maratsade

There are wildfires currently raging in Utah. This may affect the gateway.

Lynnwade46 wrote:
So day 3 with no service. Any idea when the "storm" (apparently of the century and not showing on weather.com - 72 and sunny) is going to end? I'm not going to get further frustrated by calling anymore.

@Lynnwade46,

I am sorry to hear your service is still down. Once the service is restored, I will be crediting your account for the missed days of service. In regards to what @GabeU had mentioned, if the dish has been moved out of alignment recently, we would need to investigate this once the gateway issue has been resolved. In very rare cases, the prominent state code can mask an underlying state code, which will only be exposed once there is network communication again. We are getting reports back that customers are able to access their service now, so it should be soon that you are able to connect as well. If you are still unable to connect to the service by tomorrow, we will need to perform a different set of troubleshooting steps. This would mean the issue is no longer being caused by the gateway. 

-Damian 

Still no service. No weather that would have moved the dish. Directv dish right beside it has been working fine. As well as people in my area have not had any problems. This is why Im beyond frustrated with the whole issue.

@Lynnwade46,

I am sorry to hear that. Please let me know how many lights are flashing or illuminated on your modem and which ones they are. Also, power cycle the modem once by unplugging it from the wall outlet for 30 seconds and allowing up to 2 minutes for the modem to fully power back on, once it is plugged back in. And finally, if you can access the system control center again, please let me know what state code you are seeing now. 

-Damian 

I've cycled the power, still the same code. Nothing has changed.
maratsade

Lynn, you  may also want to add this bit of info: "Please let me know how many lights are flashing or illuminated on your modem and which ones they are."

The same as the first time i called the lan and power only.

@Lynnwade46

In light of this information, I would like to send out a technician free of charge.  Please private message me with days and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Because of this, I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the one that matches closest. Also, please include a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair, in your private message to me. This person does not have to be yourself, but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian 

Thank you for your offer of a technician, but I had called the support line again. After the support person agreed it was my modem (which I said on day 2), but he was supposedly told by advanced support that it was the weather and not to replace my modem. At that point I transferred to billing to discontinue my service as I was DONE being lied to. They offered me a new gen 5 modem as well as other incentives to stay, which low and behold ended the APOCALYPTIC storm in Utah...in other words I have internet again. I wont be checking this for a reply. Just thought I'd share in case it helps some other customer who is tired of the weather lie.