cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call back or follow up from "Engineers"

Freshman

No call back or follow up from "Engineers"

It's been 3 weeks that I was told I'd get a call back from "engineers" within 2-3 days. The tech Jessie who was very nice and tried to assist, could clearly see an issue with our connection and speed. No one has called me. You can't get through unless you have nothing to do but wait on hold.  I'm held to a contract but what is Hughnes held to for providing service?  Very dissappointing service. Would be cheaper to cancel and pay the fee than fight with this for a two year contract. 

7 REPLIES
New Poster

Re: No call back or follow up from "Engineers"

I have had the service about 6 weeks and am having the same problem. Every time I call, they are having extremely high call volume. I've been calling since December and my issues still aren't resolved. If I can get someone on the phone it's usually in the Philippines. The last two techs I've actually got on the phone couldn't help me and eventually just disconnected the call. I called again yesterday telling the rep that I can see data transmission and receiving/sending data on my modem even though every device was turned off and unplugged. We (myself and one child) burned through 70% our data plan (20g) in four days. One of which was New Year's Day when we were not home and the service was interrupted for tech issues on there side. How is that even possible?? No one seems to have an answer however I'm still paying the bill. We have been told everything from it's because you have walls in your house and the service can't go through them, your devices must all be unplugged when not in use, possibly the modem is bad (it's their equipment and 6 weeks old) to you need a wi fi booster. Of which they sent and did not really do any good. Even 10 feet from the modem it will take a good 5 mins to load something. Odd to me how their wi fi tester shows an excellent connection every time. Even in my garage through two brick walls but can't load a video 10 feet from the modem. I'm just about done with this whole thing!
Instructor

@KristinM, you may want to detail your issues here -- there are very knowledgeable fellow customers here who can help you troubleshoot what's going on and hopefully find a solution.  There are also some corporate employees that can also look at the issue after the basic troubleshooting has been done.  The first step for you is to provide a clear, detailed explanation of the problem.  You may also need to provide speed tests from Testmy.net.

Instructor

@Lynn2017, you should create a new thread so your concerns and issues can be more visible and dealt with separately from the other poster's. 

Freshman

Thanks I thought I did that.

Freshman

Thanks! I have. I've messaged a moderator with no responses. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

The engineers never call back, and they wont reply to your emails either. Thats why all of us are on here, trying to get answers and all we are getting is the same run around, the same excuse of "we are working on it".

Freshman

This is such horse patooki! We're all paying monthly fees, possible tech suppport each month and they can't be bothered to call back. It took them 2 weeks to respond to updating my billing address where they installed the equipment. Shame on them.

Why is our responsibility to try and get answers from a company we're paying for. This is not tolerated in the workforce!. 

BA_87 wrote:

The engineers never call back, and they wont reply to your emails either. Thats why all of us are on here, trying to get answers and all we are getting is the same run around, the same excuse of "we are working on it".