No connection to gateway?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelinColumbus
New Poster

No connection to gateway?

Router shows no light on system and transmit, worked fine yesterday, typed in the website 192.168.0.1 to check connectivity and says “unable to resolve gateway. You do not have connectivity to the gateway.” Anyway I can fix this from home? Any time I call customer support is says I have a ten minute wait or longer, then comes back later and tells me to check FAQ online or call another time. Thanks for any suggestions.
5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@KelinColumbus 

If you haven't already, try power cycling your HughesNet modem.  To do so, unplug the modem at either the outlet or the power pack, wait for at least a minute, then plug it back in.  Then, wait for at least five minutes for the modem to be fully up and ready, then check to see if it's working.  

Please be sure to reply back if this worked to fix the issue.

If this doesn't help, the reps will have to help you.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a day.

I have done that several times and it doesn’t change my status. Is there anyway to leave a message or get a callback with the reps?
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You can't get callbacks, but you can hang out here and wait until a rep replies to you. They may run remote diagnostics to see what's what with your system, and then they will reply to you here with next steps.  I'm going to tag two of the reps on this site, even though they monitor the messages. Fingers crossed they'll be able to get back to you today, but keep in mind there aren't many of them and they're spread pretty thin. 

@Liz 

@Jay 

@KelinColumbus wrote:
I have done that several times and it doesn’t change my status. Is there anyway to leave a message or get a callback with the reps?

Good morning KelinColumbus,

Thank you for reaching out. I pulled up your account and I see your account currently has a very recently opened case about this concern; looks like you're already troubleshooting this with one of our phone agents right now. Please let me know how that call turns out and if you need further assistance.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi KelinColumbus,

Glad to see you had a site visit from a tech to address your concerns. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us again!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!