No connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droblyn
New Poster

No connection

It's been a couple of months since I've been able to get online. As it was the beginning of Spring, I figured it was due to the new leaves obstructing the line of sight. I just set aside time today to cut two trees down to make sure the sight was clear, but still nothing. Modem "system", "send", and "receive" lights are off. When I login to the modem is says the modem needs to be activated. Any help?
14 REPLIES 14
Droblyn
New Poster

SAN: --

ESN: 12839685

Diagnostic Code: 0000-2000-0200-0029

From a computer connected to the modem (assuming it's an HT2000W), go to http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor.
What the the most recent set of state codes that you see there?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I see 22.1.1, 22.2.1, 22.2.2, 3.1.1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Droblyn 

The very last one, the 3.1.1, corresponds with "Satellite cable appears to be unplugged or broken".  The other ones are all related to commissioning.  

I'd make sure that your coax connector at the back of the modem is at least finger tight.  Also, if you can, take a look at the coax connectors at the dish and make sure that none of the connectors have broken off or something like that.  If it's on the roof, please DO NOT do this.  This may very well be something that the reps will need to investigate, but I would check those things first.

The first one (22.1.1) is troubling. It basically means the terminal doesn't know where it is, indicating a reset of some kind. Although the next two seem to indicate it lost and finally locked onto an outroute.

If the cabling is not secure indoors at the modem or outdoors at the dish transceiver, it could be that the modem parameters were reset - or possibly the modem just isn't receiving account parameters from the ground station on startup.

Hopefully that little red button in the back wasn't pressed, because it means a tech would need to come out and re-initialize the system.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine 

What I'm hoping is that, if the connection can be made, it will sort itself out.  Something defiintely went wrong, that's for sure.   

I, too, hope the reset button wasn't pressed, or at least not for any length of time, anyway.

I have a feeling that a tech will be needed.   

I'm still working on this. I thank you guys for assisting me. I cannot proceed past the SQF screen (Max SQF 29, current SQF 29). It is possible that I, in the recent past, pressed the reset button. But prior to doing that, I would have had the same issue. All of the coax looks good and tight. I'm trying not to have an installer out, this stuff isn't rocket science after all, but if I don't have the right equipment.......
Will it connect with SQF less than 31?
GabeU

@Droblyn wrote:
Will it connect with SQF less than 31?

Not usually, no.  The threshold can vary, but 35 is generally the lowest possible, or at least that I've seen mentioned by the reps.  For me, personally, it's actually in the 50s.  

It definitely sounds like you need some help from a rep.  They're normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though there is occasionally one on during the weekend.  They usually reply within a day.  Though it's doubtful it will make any difference, it would probably be best to leave your modem plugged in so that the reps can attempt a remote connection to it.  It's doubtful it will be successful, but I believe they usually try. 

I'll tag a few to be sure that they see this thread and help you.    

@Liz

@Amanda 

@Damian     

Thanks, boss.
GabeU

You're very welcome.  I hope it gets fixed quickly.   🙂

Yeah, you're going to need a tech. There are multiple things that might be a problem here:
1. Dish alignment.
2. Bad transceiver.
3. Something still interfering with the signal.

Regarding #3, it could even branches that might look like they're out of the way, but are still within 45 degrees of plane of the dish causing a reflection, and thus a virtual standing wave in the signal.

Hello @Droblyn,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue for a while without resolution. After running diagnostics, it appears both the SQF and radio transmitter are in poor condition. I believe having a technician come out to replace the radio and re-align the dish would be most beneficial in this situation. Please provide me with the best days and times for an appointment. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match closest. Also, please private message me a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair. This person does not have to be yourself but they must be 18 years of age and over. Your appointment will be free of charge due to the amount of time you have been experiencing this issue. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

-Damian 

Thank you very much. Most days are fine as my wife is here. 10 am.to 2pm is best.

@Droblyn,

Thank you for providing me with this information. I have private messaged you details regarding your upcoming appointment. Once this repair is complete, please update me on your status.

-Damian