cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection

Associate Professor

Re: No connection

1. If there truly is an outage, how can they possibly connect to you to test anything?

2. Is your friend on the same satellite and beam that you've been assigned? If not, is it possible that is why their's is working and your's is not?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

She is 45 miles away so she should on the same beam. I have worked with satellite beams since the old C band beams in the 1990's. So I have an understanding of how it works. I even setup my own dish satellite at my cabin ever year. I know about footprints and beams.
Distinguished Professor IV

@zztopmo 

If you have different service than your friend, as in Gen4 vs Gen5, she may be on a different satellite.  Most Gen4 customers are on Echostar 17, whereas most Gen5 customer are on Echostar 19.  Gen5 came out in March 2017, so if she had service prior to that, but hasn't upgraded, she's likely on Gen4 and Echostar 17.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Freshman

Just rebooted and nothing. Went to sites showing no outage. So hooking up my satellite locater tomorrow to see if anything is coming into the dish. This is not the deal I was sold on.
Freshman

A footprint is a footprint.
Freshman

GabeU is yours working???
Distinguished Professor IV

@zztopmo wrote:
A footprint is a footprint.

No one said it isn't.  I said she may be on a different satellite, and if she is, she's not on your beam.  

And yes, mine's working.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Freshman

I am telling you it's a modem problem. Too many indicators on the advance config screen.
Freshman

Here's what I was told. But no they didn't even suggest this.

I would recommend calling in for live support (866-347-3292) on this issue, and provide them the state code 21.1.1. The agent should walk you through re-registering your system. If that fails, a technician may need to be dispatched to your home for a reconfiguration. It sounds as though your system may not have recovered properly from the outage
Associate Professor

The statecode 21.1.1 means the following, "System Assigned Identifier is not available".  The fix is to re-register the modem with the gateway.  You will need to call support to be walked through this process, or request a truck roll at your expense. 

21.1.1 doesn't mean the modem is faulty, and you can't really be walked through re-registration online as you will most likely need to insert information in the modem that could identify your exact location which isn't permitted by the community policies.

Another issue is that during registration, things can happen that breaks the re-registration badly, and you will *need* real-time troubleshooting.

As far as a friend or neighbor goes, that doesn't matter.  The cutoff points can be rather tight in some areas...  There is overlap between the beams, however, your neighbor next door could litterally be assigned to a different beam or satellite with the same modem and service level, due to numerous reasons.