Hughesnet Community

No dial tone. I have a new box but it looks like it isn't wifi and I need wifi.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lshepherd-910
New Poster

No dial tone. I have a new box but it looks like it isn't wifi and I need wifi.

I have a new box, but it looks like it isn't wifi.  I have to have wifi.  Plus, I don't have the SAN number.

To be fair, I haven't gotten back with HughesNet because of some unforeseen circumstances.  Before I get back with them I thought I would come here.  Also, will there be tech support Monday?

Thanks,

Linda

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Good morning Linda,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly help, so I pulled up your account to review your case history. I see that you weren't getting a dial tone on your HughesNet Voice service, so we sent you a replacement ATA. Now that you have the new ATA, please ensure that it is hooked up to your HughesNet modem properly and securely, and give the ATA some time for it to activate. 

For your reference, here's the manual for the ATA so you can see how to properly connect your ATA. You'll want to be sure your ATA is hooked up like in the diagram below:

Lack of dial tone can be caused by a loose connection, so ensure that the cables connected to the ATA are secured on both ends.

If you still aren't getting a dial tone after checking the ATA setup and waiting about 10-15 minutes for the ATA to activate, note which LEDs on the ATA are lit and what colors and let me know. HughesNet mods won't be in the office on the weekend or on the holiday this Monday, but our phone support is available 24/7, including holidays: 866.347.3292.

Regarding your wifi, you have the HT2000w modem, which already has wifi built in. Here's a guide on getting your wifi network set up; you'll want to look at panel 6 to get started.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Linda, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!