cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after power outage

No internet after power outage

Or power was out for approx two hours this evening. After it came back on we have no internet. I have tried unplugging it and plugging back in several times as well as the reset button, nothing works. I have a steady power light and flashing wifi light on an HT2000W. Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: No internet after power outage

@Mentlyatthebeac 

With a device that is connected directly to the HughesNet modem via LAN cable, are you able to get to this page?  If so, what do you see listed for a State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page?  

Regarding the reset button the modem, did you press the button and release it, or did you press it for a length of time?  Did you follow a specific reset procedure that you read somewhere, and if so, what was the procedure?  The reason I ask this is because pressing the reset button can actually cause more harm than good, and it should only be done in specific circumstances.  With this said, please don't press it again unless requested to by a HughesNet rep.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit