No internet connection since 3/24.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abess22
Freshman

No internet connection since 3/24.

Hi! I have tried for the past week to get in touch over the phone or on the chat line with no luck of getting through to anyone. I realize this is a bad time due to the pandemic, but I am frustrated because I just got Hughes net installed on 3/18. I have school online now, and have not been able to do anything about it because my connection has been down.

My Hughes net connection has not been available to me since 3/24. Since then, I have tried unplugging, turning off, turning back on, leaving it off for a while and still nothing is working. The lights will flash, and the power light will occasionally flash red.
8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yikes, that's nuts. 

Best bet right now, wait until the HN reps on this site see your post. They work M-F, 9am-6pm. 

@Liz 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Liz

Good morning abess22, 

Thank you for reaching out to us, I can certainly look into this for you and get you back online. Please private message me the account number or associated phone number so I can pull up your account.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I private messaged you the phone number associated with my account.

Hope to hear back soon!

Hi Abess22,

Thank you for the requested info, I'm shipping you a replacement modem to see if that will get you back online. Please expect the new modem soon- you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is in the outer pouch on the box. Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you! I will let you know!

Hi Liz.
I got the new modem yesterday. Hooked it up, waited and followed the instructions. And still no connection. There is only 2 lights on and it is still flashing at times.

Good morning Abess22,

Thank you for this update. I'm dispatching a complimentary tech visit to get you back online since the modem didn't make a difference.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Monday, Apr 6, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning Abess22,

Following up on your site now, and I see you're back online! Glad to see the site visit helped. If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community anytime.

Thanks,

Liz