cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Highlighted
Spectator

No internet connection

We have rebooted the modem several times and have no internet connection. I used the phone app and the wifi signal is good also have a computer plugged in to it. No internet connection and lights on front are blinking. Check dish outside and no obstructions. Called tech support but got automated message that no support available due to covid-19. We are a small home based business. We are self quarantined. I dont know what else to do. Please advise.
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: No internet connection

Hello Candifitz,

This is a known issue, and our engineers have restored service to most of those affected. They are working to get the remaining affected customers back up and running. 

-Jay

Highlighted

Is access to certain sites being restricted?  My service is back up, but certain sites didn't work for awhile, and Facebook is returning a NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error (but works through my hotspot on my cell phone, only problematic with the HughesNet connection).

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

They're not restricting sites, but there are connection issues that may be outside of the HN network.

@=HolyTrinity wrote:

Is access to certain sites being restricted?  My service is back up, but certain sites didn't work for awhile, and Facebook is returning a NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error (but works through my hotspot on my cell phone, only problematic with the HughesNet connection).

Highlighted

That wouldn't explain why I have no connection issues on the same computer and same browser using a different internet service. :-/

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Yes it would, if they're using different routes.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

our issue this afternoon manifested as a DNS issue.  I could get email via Outlook but no websites or apps.  Of course, I couldn't get to this community site or anywhere to find out the Hughesnet phone number, either.  

So I changed the DNS setting on the router to hard code it to the Google DNS server, and rebooted all machines, and voila - it worked.  

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@jchandler2730 

Just so you know, using Google's open DNS has it's own set of risks: Their DNS gets corrupted with malware sites often.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

Any word on when the rest of us will be back up.  I am trying to run a business and have been down since noon yesterday and still down.

Highlighted

This issue has been resolved.

Thank you,

Jay