No internet connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephc
Freshman

No internet connection

Hello, I am having issues with my internet connection.  I have been getting a no connection error for way over a week.  My month started over on the 15th and it says I have already used all my internet, yet I have been getting this error for that long and when I look at the daily usage it shows no daily usage.  All of the lights on my modem are not lighting up.  The top light is on, and the bottom 2 lights are on, the ones in the middle are not.  Please help!  I do not like paying for stuff I cannot use.

18 REPLIES 18
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sounds like your modem may have bit the dust. Luckily the reps on this site can look into that for you.   As for the usage, it's probably reporting from way before it went bonkers. You may want to look at your account by going to the account section on this site. It includes information about usage. 

Remy

stephc,

I see it's your first post here! Welcome to the Community! First let's see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you so much!  Do I have to do anything to get this new modem?  I have only had this one for a few months.  

GabeU

@stephc 

You don't have to do anything to get it.  Remy will have already put the order in for the replacement modem, which you'll likely see within the next couple of days.  Then you just swap the replacement modem for the old one, making sure everything is connected the same way (the coax, the power cable and any LAN cable(s) you may have had connected), then plug it in and let it do its thing.  Within a few minutes you'll hopefully be back online.  And, of course, make sure to send the old one back using the same box and the shipping label they provide.

The replacement modem will come with a different WiFi password, so you'll have to input the new password in any WiFi devices you use in order for them to connect.

Thank you!!  This is a first for me!!  

GabeU

You're quite welcome.  🙂

How do I go about getting a new modem as well?  I'm experiencing the same issue on an intermittent basis. 

GabeU

@chinchilla2 

You should start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here, in order to keep your issue separate from the OP's.  Make sure to explain the issue and anything you've tried thus far in the new topic.  

Thank you for your response. I'll do that. 

Remy, I got the new modem in and got it hooked up but I still do not have the middle lights and no internet.  

stephc,

If you could, on a device directly connected to the modem, please go to your web browser and go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com. Once the HughesNet page populates, please click on System Status at the top of the page and post what the System State code is here. It should be in a 0.0.0 format.

Thanks,

Remy

22.1.1 -- Waiting for installation parameters or terminal swap information

stephc,

Thank you for the information! I'm going to have this sent up to our engineering team. This is normally a quick fix, and I'll get back with you when I have more information!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you

Someone called today and left me a voicemail with a phone number and pin number.  I just called and it said my pin number was not valid.  🙄

maratsade

That's very frustrating. The reps won't be here until Tuesday, but I wonder if you could call the 24/7 toll free number and report this -- just in case they're able to help. 

stephc,

We're sorry to hear about the failed call attempt! I'll reach out to the engineering team and have them leave you another call, this time with a better code!

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

@stephc 

To add to what maratsade said about your usage, if the modem hasn't been able to connect to HughesNet's home servers since before your month rolled over, your usage will continue to show the level it was at the last time the modem connected when you check it online.  So, if you were out of data the last time it connected, it will perpetually show this.  Hopefully the new modem solves the connection issue, and once it connects to the HughesNet servers your data usage levels should refresh to the actual current amount, which, judging by what you've described, should be full.