No internet detected

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonDvorak
Sophomore

No internet detected

Sitting here trying to watch my Oakland Raiders on Sunday NFL ticket and I keep getting interrupted with weak or no internet signal. Router has top light and bottom two lights on and that is it. Beautiful evening out, no clouds, wind or rain. Getting pretty darn tired of this!!!
15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@RonDvorak 

Do you know where your gateway is located and what the weather is like there?  If not, this page has instructions on how to find it.   It takes the page a little while to load.  Bad weather at your gateway can affect your service in the same way as bad weather at your location.  

If you haven't tried power cycling the modem, you should do so.  To power cycle it, unplug the modem from either the wall outlet or the power pack (but NOT at the back of the modem), wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug the modem back in.  Wait for about five minutes to give the modem a chance to be fully up and ready, then try the net again.

No idea where the gateway is. Already recycled power and within 5 minutes it’s back to just the 3 lights on.
GabeU

@RonDvorak wrote:
No idea where the gateway is. Already recycled power and within 5 minutes it’s back to just the 3 lights on.

That linked page will tell you, and you can see if weather is the issue.

Edit:  What are you seeing for a Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the Wan Info box on this page?  

Also, what State Code do you see in the System Summary box at the top of the same page?

I will have to revert to this post the next time it occurs. I left my home after the issue started.

Good morning,

Checked on the status on this site and I can see that it's online, but currently subject to the Fair Access Policy. Other than that, there haven't been any reports over the weekend regarding anything that would've affected connectivity. 

As Gabe suggested, if you run into any connectivity concerns, look for the State Code in the System Control Center (which Gabe has linked previously) and let us know what code you have.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Ok, gone all week and back home Friday night and my router has no internet connection yet again. So i got into it via the IP address you guys sent and the Gateway says Creating IPGW Pool. System status is red and says it has a problem. When do i start getting refunded some of the $90 per month for no service???

GabeU

@RonDvorak 

If it's showing "Creating IPGW Pool" for anything more than a few seconds after the modem is plugged in, which should be the only time this is seen under normal circumstances, it is definitely indicative of some type of connection issue.  

What is showing for the State Code, if anything?

What is showing for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength?

Good morning Ron,

I'm looking at your site and I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, everything is up and operational. Are all the LEDs lit on the HughesNet modem?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I’m sorry but we are obviously not in sync with when I’m having issues and when you are looking at my modem. I spend about a week at my place out of the month. Like tonight 11/30, watching AMC on Roku and the stream is constantly pausing.

Thanks for the update, Ron. I've explained this to engineering and hope to get some feedback on the situation.   Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

I’d like to make this my official “services not rendered” and to cancel my contract. I’m spending $100 a month for a service that isn’t reliable and no where near what it says it is. Please let me know that my 2 years contract has been voided so I can pursue a service that WILL work. Thank you
Ron Dvorak
maratsade

5.2 DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION PROCEDURES.

Notice of Dispute. Prior to filing any claim against the other, you and Hughes agree that you will first send the other a written Notice of Dispute. Any Notice of Dispute to Hughes should be sent to: HughesNet Customer Service, 11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown, MD 20876 (the “Notice Address”). Any Notice of Dispute to you will be sent to your billing address. The Notice should describe the nature of the problem or dispute and set forth the specific relief sought, including the amount of any monetary damages sought. If the party receiving the Notice of Dispute agrees within 30 days to provide the specific relief requested in the Notice of Dispute, no formal claim may be filed with respect to the subject of the Notice of Dispute. If we are unable to reach an agreement to resolve the dispute within 30 days after the Notice of Dispute is delivered, either you or Hughes may commence an arbitration.

See http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Hi Ron,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

There was no state code or anything that day when looking.
maratsade

n/a