No internet, was shut off, no reason why

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiaduffey
Freshman

No internet, was shut off, no reason why

I have made several calls to Hughes net lasting an hour or two, being put on hold several times to find out why my internet was turned off.  I even did a three way call with  hughes and a service person in my area. No one can tell me why except to say that I returned my eguipment which I did not. Then they said I did not call to turn it back on. I have never called to turn it back on, they always do it automatically! I have now gone a month with no internet and need it turned back on ASAP. Please help! 

27 REPLIES 27
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Tiaduffey wrote:

I have never called to turn it back on, they always do it automatically! 

Are you referring to a service suspension?    

Yes, go on and off for about 6 months, this time they did not turn it on automatically? No reason why just want back on!

Amanda

Hi Tiaduffey, I'm pulling up your account now and will dig into this and see what is going on.

Thank you

Amanda

Thank you Amanda! I will be waiting! Name is Teresa Duffey I need internet! But no 4 year contract again, still have equipment, just want hooked back up

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Tiaduffey wrote:

Thank you Amanda! I will be waiting! Name is Teresa Duffey I need internet! But no 4 year contract again, still have equipment, just want hooked back up

The reason it is off is because you suspended it from the sound of it. A glitch why it hasn't been activated again unless possibly a billing issue maybe. Also, they may not have a reactivation date you gave when you suspended it.

There is no 4 year contracts as far as I know, only 2 year. Your current contract goes into suspension also when you suspend service. So if you have 12 months remaining when suspended, you have 12 months remaining on contract when reactivated.

Amanda for me it is a 4 year contract because I am on and off for 6 months. Hughesnet always automatically turns it back on in April. My contract was up last year. I have never called in to turn back on and they charge me automatically on my credit card. I believe it was December they stopped charging me. Middle of October was when I had put in on suspension. Help! Just need it turned back on without starting my contract over since I was not the one who turned it off, still have all my equipment. Thank you, Teresa Duffey

Hi Teresa,

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. When I looked at your account it showed it was "decommissioned" rather than locked, cancelled or suspended. Decommissioning is not something we normally do with newer accounts, so it is most likely an agent used the wrong suspension option. I am currently awaiting our billing team for an answer on how to re-activate it without creating a new account. I appreciate your patience.

~Amanda

O.K. We are finally getting somewhere! Have never heard that answer from all my calls! There is hope? Hope they can turn it on ASAP!!!!! Thank you Amanda!

Hi Tia,

I apologize for the wait. I have to escalate this higher up the chain to get resolved. It appears that returning an old modem during the suspension was the cause, as is my theory at this moment. If you are at the location, please keep the modem powered on and plugged into the coaxial cable so we can know if the re-activation works as we troubleshoot.

Thank you,

Amanda

I did switch out a modem before I put it on suspension. Did not improve anything! Everything is on and I am not there at the time. oh my gosh you are getting further then anyone lease! Thank you and I hope things get resolved ASAP!!!

Anything happening? Sure do need internet! This is crazy!

Good evening,

I was able to get the account set to Active and after tinkering with the account a bit, got the "Transport" side of the account Active too. I can't communicate with the modem just yet, so I am making sure we have the serial number attached to the account, a service plan and some other things.

Right now I am sending a "broadcast" on our network to let in any serial number attached to your account, however it is starting to look like I might need you on-site to walk through a re-registration of the modem. Please let me know if you are available sometime this week just in case I can't get it online remotely. 

I will be sure to follow up with you on my progress, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Amanda

Thank you Amanda, I will let you know when I am up there! I got an email from Hughes for an order, was a confirmation? Let me know if you get me on or I will let you know when I am there. Thanks again Teresa Duffey

Amanda, I will be at the cabin tomorrow, Wednesday June 20th only until about 2:00 or 3:00. I hope you can call me up there as I won’t have internet. Hopefully we can get this taken care of tomorrow! Thanks!

[edited post: removed TN]

GabeU

@Tiaduffey

Because this is a public website it would be better for you to PM your phone number to Amanda and delete it from your post in this thread.  It's better to be safe than sorry.  

GabeU Thanks but don’t know how to pm her! Didn’t want to leave # just didn’t have any other way to let her know!

Amanda, I left you my home #! So sorry! If you need the model #, I do have that! Won’t be back up there until the end of the month will let you know! Let me know if you need the model# of my modem! Thank You, Teresa

GabeU

@Tiaduffey

To PM Amanda, click on her name in the upper left of her post, which will take you to her page.  On her page, click the "Send a message" button to the right of her picture.  Give the message a title and type the message.  Then, after you've finished composing the message, click "Send Message".   She'll get a notification of a message being sent to her.  

When someone PM's you, or replies to a PM you've sent them, you'll see a number over the envelope that is next to your avatar on the upper right of this page, or any page on this site. 

With this said, chances are that when she sees your reply in this thread she'll note your number and edit it out of your post herself in order to keep you safe.  

I'll tag her to be sure she sees this.  @Amanda

Thank you GabeU!!! 

Amanda, Anything happening? Have modem model number if you need it!