No internet...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12Taz33Remi
New Poster

No internet...

My husband and I upgraded to Gen 5 not even a week and a half ago. The only time we receive the internet is on the weekends now and it goes away on Sunday by 8:10 pm Georgia time. We both need the internet for work and both of us are extremely unhappy. We have been with HughesNet since 2010 and have never had this type of problem. Also every time I call I get put on hold right now and then get hung up on. If something doesn’t change then we may just cancel.
15 REPLIES 15
Liz

Hello 12Taz33Remi, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics on your site, I'm seeing that the HughesNet equipment is up and running normally. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get online.

Currently I see there is nothing connected to the internet right now, is there supposed to be? There's nothing on the wifi network, nor connected directly to the HughesNet modem via LAN cable.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I understand that you didn’t see anything wrong. When my husband and I got home today we had internet. We were shocked. Yet, at around 8:00 p.m. Georgia time again we have not had internet at all. We can understand slow internet, yet no internet at all is really making us irritated...to put it nicely. Either during the pandemic too many people are causing this or HughesNet has not done what they said they have done. We are still considering changing or just canceling all together. Like I said before I have been put on hold and when that happens I am on for over 20 minutes and then all of a sudden hung up on. HughesNet needs to figure this out quickly and permanently.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What Liz told you was that she didn't see any devices connected to your modem or wifi, not that she didn't see anything wrong. 

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

I understand that Liz didn’t see anything wrong at that time or anything connected. We are General Contractors so unless if we have a day off we aren’t at home. I am home due to having to research materials, pricing, and quotes to a job site superintendent or homeowner. Like I said in my original post though is that my husband and I have been with HughesNet since 2010. We just need better internet like we had before.
maratsade

Again, she didn't say she didn't see anything wrong.  You were at home, did you not have a computer, laptop or other device connected to the wifi? Were all your devices turned off?

You will probably need to have something connected to the wifi or directly to the modem before Liz can check your connections. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Good morning 12Taz33Remi,

That sounds most unusual. If you notice that you have no connectivity consistently at 8pm, what state code do you see during this downtime?

To check the state code, visit www.systemcontrolcenter.com, which is the status page for the HughesNet modem.

Click on the System Status light at the top of the page.

Then note the Status Code under System Summary.

This Status Code can help give us a better idea of what's happening when you have no connectivity.

Also, this lack of connectivity at 8pm, this affects all your devices on your network? No device can get online?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

When we have no internet the state code is 168.192.0.1

We got home today around 4 pm and have no internet again. Yesterday, when we got home around the same time we did have internet. I know it is a light cloudy here yet that has never changed anything for us before unless if we have a thunderstorm or heavy rain which it is not doing. Like I said before my husband and I both understand slow internet due to Covid-19, yet no internet at all we don’t agree with.
maratsade

That's not a state code. Go here and get the numbers next to the words State Code:  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

As of right now I have internet that is working at the moment. But yesterday it was out again when I got home around 4:00. I could find the state code yesterday yet right now I did and it is 0.0.0 when it goes out I will get on my computer and let you know what the state code is then. It all is just frustrating since we just upgraded.

Hi 12Taz33Remi,

What maratsade is correct, the state code will look like "0.0.0" or something depending on what's going on with the modem. If everything is good, it will show "0.0.0".

I just ran diagnostics on your site right now at around 5:39 PM ET, and I can't communicate with the modem. Was it disconnected from power? 

Which lights on the modem are lit? Next time you notice no connectivity, please also check which lights are lit on the modem.

I wonder if there could also be a power issue here.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

The state code is 11.2.1. Not working right now

Hello 12Taz33Remi,

Thank you for the state code. Is the coaxial cable tightly secured in the back of the HughesNet modem? The coaxial cable looks like this:

-Liz

Yes it is. It has been in and out all day.

Good morning 12Taz33Remi,

I appreciate this update. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Saturday, Apr 11, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed.

-Liz

HI 12Taz33Remi,

I pulled up your account and I'm glad to see the site visit was completed successfully. If you have any other concerns feel free to drop by the community again.

-Liz