Hughesnet Community

No internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mocobe

No internet

My system light is off. I've rebooted the modem three times. I've checked cables as well. This seems to be a recurring problem out here especially during the summer. My modem is approximately a year old. The weather is hot but clear skies.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site can run remote diagnostics on your modem, if needed, but they won't be in until Monday.  You may want to try calling the 800 number to see if those reps can also run diagnostics and see what may be going on.  

Since it happens more often in the summer, could it be related to heat? Is the modem placed in a cool area, with enough space around it? 

View solution in original post

Liz

Good morning mocobe,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Glad to see you called in and got a site visit lined up to restore your internet connection. I hope it goes well, please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site can run remote diagnostics on your modem, if needed, but they won't be in until Monday.  You may want to try calling the 800 number to see if those reps can also run diagnostics and see what may be going on.  

Since it happens more often in the summer, could it be related to heat? Is the modem placed in a cool area, with enough space around it? 

Liz

Good morning mocobe,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Glad to see you called in and got a site visit lined up to restore your internet connection. I hope it goes well, please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!