cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

New Poster

No internet

We have been without for a couple days now and all they say when I call is a tech can come out Wednesday Feb 31st..this is ridiculous..very unsatisfied with Hughes net
4 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor III

Re: No internet

@rlmingle

Is the issue intermittent or constant?

Have you tried power cycling the modem?  If not, please unplug the modem, wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait about five minutes, then try to get online.   

In addtion, if you have the modem plugged into a power strip or surger protector, try plugging it directly into an outlet to see if it makes any difference.  Also, please make sure that the power plug that goes into the back of the modem is snug.  Be gentle with this plug, as it's delicate, but it shouldn't be loose.  Lastly, please make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be any tighter, but it shouldn't be loose.  

Did you accept the appointment for the tech on the 31st?  I'm assuming you meant January 31st.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

New customer for 3 weeks and same thing here for 2 weeks now. Not a very good way to start a relationship. I've called several times and I'm told a engineer will get call me back.. POOR SERVICE. SEEMS LIKE IV BEEN SCAMMED.
Distinguished Professor III

NorCalPitbulls,

To get help with your issue, and to keep your issue separate from the OP's, you should start a new topic. You can do so by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes tech isn't coming til Jan 31,..have tried all that you said ..I've talked to 4 different techs so far..so disgusted..