No internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BumbleB
New Poster

No internet

This appears to be a common topic, but we've lost internet to t.v. and our security system.  Still online with the computer.  Can't reach Hughes support.

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BumbleB 

Have you actually lost the WiFi connection to your TV, or is it that the apps not working properly (timing out)?  Is your computer connected via WiFi or LAN cable?  

If it's that the apps are not working properly it's likely due to the tremendous increase in traffic, which is causing considerable congestion, and that congestion is making things like streaming very difficult.

I'm not sure about your security cameras, but if they use the net it's likely because of the same problem, as in the system being overwhelmed and anything that is susceptible to congestion not working properly. 

Thanks Gabe,

We have wi-fi, but keep getting the message that we're not connected to the internet.  For example, Prime will open and we can see the choices of shows but can't open anything.  The wheel just goes round and round.  The same is true for YouTube.  We see the options but they can't open.  Netflix doesn't even pretend to open but gives us a "no internet" code.

The security network isn't a camera, it's all the house apparatus connected to a base that keeps flashing because it can't connect to the internet.

I don't even understand why we still have computer access (although it's slow and videos won't open).

GabeU

@BumbleB 

I've seen the same YouTube problem mentioned in a couple of other threads, but I have no clue as to what could be causing this. 

Though the rest sounds like it may be a congestion related issue, it may not be.  Unfortunately, the reps won't be back until Monday, but they should reply shortly thereafter.  

Just in case you don't normally do so, I'd be sure to leave the modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary, which they may very well do.  

Hang in there.  

@Liz @Damian

Good morning BumbleB,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics. Nothing outstanding with the HugheNet equipment, but whatever Amazon device is on the 5 GHz network has a poor signal strength. You may want to move it closer to the modem or switch it to the 2.4 GHz network which has a wider range.

For testing purposes, I suggest isolating each device to see if having a dedicated connnection to the internet makes a difference.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

Thank you for replying. I think I'm not explaining very well.  I open YouTube and see the selections.  I click on one and it won't run.  The circle keeps going round and round.  I've unplugged and plugged over and over but can't get it to work.  I don't know what's connected and what isn't.  It won't work on computer either although I still have email.  Have missed meetings on Zoom.

maratsade

• There's a known issue affecting certain sites, like YouTube, Google Drive, Dropbox, and others. 
  • They're working on the issue. 
  • They'll update everyone once they have an update. 
  • Until then, there's nothing much we can do. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

"I open YouTube and see the selections.  I click on one and it won't run.  The circle keeps going round and round.  I've unplugged and plugged over and over but can't get it to work.  I don't know what's connected and what isn't.  It won't work on computer either although I still have email.  Have missed meetings on Zoom."

Good morning BumbleB,

Thank you for the clarification, is this issue with YouTube still persisting today? Our engineers were investigating this yesterday.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi BumbleB, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz