No service over 2 weeks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim7
New Poster

No service over 2 weeks.

For the second time in a few months service cut off on the 15th of the month. Last time it was restored soon after the first of the month. No notice. TX code10.

Also, when I exceed my daily 250, I am not allowed to use my tokens or buy new ones.

17 REPLIES 17
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully the reps will reply to you soon. On this site, they work business hours M-F, so there may be a bit of wait. 

Remy

Kim7,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! I was unable to find the account tied to your Community profile, so please send a direct message with your account number or phone number to this link, and we'd be happy to look into this for you!

Thanks,

Remy

So far, the only 'solution' offered was a pitch to upgrade, then no response when I refused to consider it until my problem was addressed. Either my "older system" is viable or it is not. So far, it has been a total of 5 weeks of service denied over the last few months. 

Kim7,

I recommended the upgrade to Gen5, because the system you are currently on is much older in terms of plan and equipment, and is more difficult to fix. We never received a response to the message regarding the upgrade, but would still be more than happy to help with the current system you're on as well.

Thanks,

Remy

I replied to the private msg you sent. I do not understand why you would not have recieved.

But OK then. Let's begin.

Replying to another private message asking me if I can send a screen shot of the tokens screen in system control center. No, because I cannot access that page due to the NOC outage. Get me back online with Hughesnet and then we can deal with that. 

Kim7,

The reason I private messaged is because the screenshots necessary would contain private information, that shouldn't be publicized. What do you mean by your service being cut off? Are you referring to running out of data, or do you currently have no connection? Have you attempted power cycling the modem by unplugging from the power box and plugging it back in? We need preliminary information before we can proceed due to the age of the system.

Thanks,

Remy

My system status is red. My transmit status is Tx code10: Can't communicate with the NOC. I have power cycled and restarted often over the total of 5 weeks I have not had service. 

Kim,

Thank you for the information! I've gone ahead and set up a dispatch for a technician to come out and take a look. The tech company handling your case will be giving you a call to set up a time and date. I've gone ahead and waived the normal technician fee to help out, and I'd definitely recommend the upgrade! Please let us know how the tech visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

No call to set up a tech visit recieved so far.  What about a remote diagnosis of my problem? Seems like the simplest and least expensive first step and has solved my problems in the past. 

Kim7,

Due to the age of the system and the tools we have available to us, the only options with this specific issue are first a technician visit, and then an escalation to our engineers.

Thanks,

Remy

A tech visit is not going to happen. I am  off the grid and hard of hearing. I believe my problem originates with the FAP cutting me off when I exceeded my data limit, and it is a simple fix to get me back online, instead of holding me hostage to order an upgrade. 

Kim7.

Going into FAP wouldn't cause the system to produce transmission errors. From what I'm seeing, there has already been a technician company assigned to your case, and they should be placing a call to discuss a scheduling for the visit shortly!

Thanks,

Remy

It has now been over a month without service and tech support chat agents are unresponsive. I've spent hours on this.

Terrible support!

maratsade

@Remy had been working with you, but you kept shooting down his help.  They offered a technician and you said no because you're hard of hearing; can you get someone to be there with you so you don't have to worry about being hard of hearing? A technician may be the only way to fix your issue. It was also suggested to upgrade, but you didn't want that either, and that's your prerogative, but they don't have a magic wand. Your best bet would be to have a technician come to your residence, and get someone to be there to help you. 

They actually have given you pretty good support -- you are the one who has declined it over and over. 

GabeU

@Kim7 

You have three options.

1.  A tech visit to diagnose the issue.

2.  An upgrade to Gen5.

3.  Cancel your service.  

There is no simple fix.  If it was a simple fix to get you back online you would be back online, and they wouldn't be spending their money to send a tech to diagnose the issue if they could do it remotely.  

That the service you have has worked for as long as it has is a miracle.  The remaining legacy satellites are far beyond their expected operational lifespan.  

Kim7,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy