cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service over 2 weeks.

Kim7
New Poster

Re: No service over 2 weeks.

No call to set up a tech visit recieved so far.  What about a remote diagnosis of my problem? Seems like the simplest and least expensive first step and has solved my problems in the past. 

Remy

Kim7,

Due to the age of the system and the tools we have available to us, the only options with this specific issue are first a technician visit, and then an escalation to our engineers.

Thanks,

Remy

Kim7
New Poster

A tech visit is not going to happen. I am  off the grid and hard of hearing. I believe my problem originates with the FAP cutting me off when I exceeded my data limit, and it is a simple fix to get me back online, instead of holding me hostage to order an upgrade. 

Remy

Kim7.

Going into FAP wouldn't cause the system to produce transmission errors. From what I'm seeing, there has already been a technician company assigned to your case, and they should be placing a call to discuss a scheduling for the visit shortly!

Thanks,

Remy

Kim7
New Poster

It has now been over a month without service and tech support chat agents are unresponsive. I've spent hours on this.

Terrible support!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Remy had been working with you, but you kept shooting down his help.  They offered a technician and you said no because you're hard of hearing; can you get someone to be there with you so you don't have to worry about being hard of hearing? A technician may be the only way to fix your issue. It was also suggested to upgrade, but you didn't want that either, and that's your prerogative, but they don't have a magic wand. Your best bet would be to have a technician come to your residence, and get someone to be there to help you. 

They actually have given you pretty good support -- you are the one who has declined it over and over. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kim7 

You have three options.

1.  A tech visit to diagnose the issue.

2.  An upgrade to Gen5.

3.  Cancel your service.  

There is no simple fix.  If it was a simple fix to get you back online you would be back online, and they wouldn't be spending their money to send a tech to diagnose the issue if they could do it remotely.  

That the service you have has worked for as long as it has is a miracle.  The remaining legacy satellites are far beyond their expected operational lifespan.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Remy

Kim7,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy