cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

New Poster

No service

I have had no internet service since friday. Message on my account says some customers are experiencing an outage. Is there an expected time from to restore service and is this my issue?
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: No service

Though I can't answer your question, it's possible that your issue isn't related to the outage problem.  Most of those affected by the upstream outage are no longer being affected, and with you losing your service yesterday it's unlikely that it's related.  If by Friday you mean last week Friday and not yesterday, it may be.  

For the quetions below it's best to check with a device that's connected via LAN cable instead of WiFi, though if you don't have that ability you can check with a WiFi connected device.

Can you connect to this page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

If so, what is showing for the State Code in the System Summary box (top box)?  Also, what is showing for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box (bottom left)?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I have sporatic service on the internet and have been completely unable to connect to Hughesnet email, though I am connected to icloud email.  I have spoken with three different technicians since yesterday and my problem has not been improved.  I would appreciate if someone would occasionally call me back to see if the problem is resolved.  

New Poster

For state code it shows 12.1.9 - a transmit problem has occered.
Summary operational status is down
Amd satellite receive signal strength is 36
Assistant Professor

@Bjorklandj8 wrote:
For state code it shows 12.1.9 - a transmit problem has occered.
Summary operational status is down
Amd satellite receive signal strength is 36

Seems like either an obstruction, bad radio, or bad alignment to me. You might want to inspect the area to make sure nothing is within 45 degrees of the plane of the dish.

Edit: If there's nothing there, a tech may have to be called to take a look at the radio/alignment.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Good morning Bjorklandj8,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I was able to locate your account and see that you have a site visit from a technician this week. Let me know if you need anything further after the visit.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Bjorklandj8,

I see the tech went by yesterday and your system is online. Are you able to connect to the internet now?

-Amanda

Highlighted

Hi Bjorklandj8,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread.

Thanks,

Amanda