No signal from dish?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Commandantkenny
New Poster

No signal from dish?

I am not getting any internet now. All the lights on the modem are flashing except "system" "sending" and "receiving". I pushed reset but nothing changed. Do i need to go on the roof and align the dish?
15 REPLIES 15
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

No, if the dish requires realignment, you will need a technician.  Have you had any recent storms that could have thrown the alignment off?

Are you able to get to http://192.168.0.1 when connected with a network cable to your HT2000w or HT1100 Modem?

Be cautious about pressing the reset button on the back, if held for too long it can erase system parameters which will require a technician visit.

http://192.168.0.1? Without you guys i don't get any signal at home. Im trying to figure this out from work. Would i hook a laptop to the modem?

...Yes, you would need to connect a computer to the modem and try to visit that page when connected to the modem, that page is the modems internal interface.

If you are able to get to the page, it should say Hughes on it, and display a few status icons at the top, they should all be green.

And if they are not, can i fix it or no?

Would probably require a technician visit.... Customers aren't allowed to attempt repointing of their dish as that may not be what the issue is, and if on the roof and they fall...

@Liz can perform diagnostics, please ensure the coax cable is secure on the back of your modem.

Good morning Commandantkenny,

Thanks for the state code, this helps. Can you please powercycle the HughesNet modem by unplugging the power cord from its power brick? Replug after about 30 seconds and let me know if there's any difference. If there isn't, I can send a complimentary dispatch to address your concerns.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I tried that and nothing changed. I tried the test connection button too and it also failed.

Thanks for letting me know. I've gone ahead and created a complimentary dispatch so that a tech can address your concerns. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Jun 16, 2017 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #104493555 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Commandantkenny
New Poster

So if they are not green, my only option is get a technician?

Ok just want to make sure i got this before i get home because i won't be able to call or look up anything. I guess they will try to do something from the interface... i will see how that go's.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Commandantkenny

If you are unable to get online this evening and are unable to post a screenshot (as mentioned by Gwalk) directly, you could take the screenshot, or even get one using the snipping tool built into Windows, and save it on a flash drive or something and send if from where you are now.  Or, conversely, you could take a picture with a cell phone and do the same.  Whichever the case, though, make sure to edit out the SAN (the number that starts with DSS).  You can do so using Paint in Windows.  

The IP address that @C0RR0SIVE gave you (192.168.0.1) opens up a page that is internal to the Modem known as the SCC (System Control Center)

It has a lot of diagnostic info listed as too the condition of your system. If you need a technician depends on the type of error listed.

This is the SCC main page from a HT1100 hughes Modem:

SCC Main page snip.PNG

The color of the icons at the top center give a quick peek as well as any listed active error codes.

If you post a screenshot it may help but remember to edit out your SAN which normally starts with the letters DSSxxxxxxx

Liz

Hi Commandantkenny,

Welcome and thanks for posting. When you get home and access the System Control Center at 192.168.0.1, click the System Status button (which may not be green in your case) and let me know what State Code you see. Normally it's 0.0.0 if all is OK. I'm unable to access your site remotely, but the state code will help me determine the next steps to addressing your concern.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

11.2.1 is the code i am getting. Most of the check boxes are red... i will post the screen shot tomorrow, if it will help, too.