Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No system light and reddish blue power light on on HT 1100

Advanced Tutor

Re: No system light and reddish blue power light on on HT 1100

I have no issues with mine.
Sophomore

That is good to know also, apparently Jake the installer was correct.
Distinguished Professor IV

Checked mine and saw no red light.  I don't recall ever seeing one in the past, either. 

As for the upload speed, unless you do a lot of uploading of videos and/or large pictures, an upload speed like you are getting is most likely going to be fine.  It get around the same upload speed as you, and when I upload a pic here and there, it's enough.  

Your download speeds are great!   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

GabeU, thank you for doing the modem restart. This is pure speculation and I'm usually wrong when I assume stuff, but... I think that when my dish got so far misaligned, lost contact with the satellite that it caused the system light to go off and it created an internal error code. The error code just never cleared.

Reggie has no issues and he has a reddish light at startup and my replacement modem has a much brighter red light and I don't seem to have any problems.

These modems are probably smart enough to know the difference between heavy rain and misalignment. Reggie may have had a problem so brief that he didn't know it happened or maybe it was installed that way, with reddish light just like my replacement modem was installed with reddish light.

What do you think. Does that sound logical or am I way off base?

Regarding speed I haven't had any problems at all. Testmy.net auto run returned a few uploads that were around 80 Kbps but as you know, that could be an adblocker I forgot to disable or any number of things. Yeah, I'm impressed with the download. Seems to be consistent even during peak hours.

You're welcome.  To be honest, I have absolutely no clue as to what could cause it, nor why it would still be doing it with a new modem. 

I don't know if the modems themselves can differentiate between a misalignment and heavy rain, but the techs can, as can we, by reading the state codes and such.  A misalignment would be a constant thing, whereas the heavy rain, of course, wouldn't. 

Being that it's giving you very good download speeds now, I would just sort of shield my eyes when starting it so you don't see that red light.  LMAO.    

The 80Kbps upload speeds could be caused by anything, I suppose.  It may just be an odd fluctuation.  If it's constantly low, OTOH, that's a different story, and if it is constant, they may be able to look at it and do some type of tweak to get a better speed. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor

From my understanding, if it's red because of an error, it's purely from equipment failure internal to the modem... Could be anything from the temperature sensor, to memory, to even a bad capacitor on the board.

Also, if I am not mistaken, a red power light can also be triggered from high cpu temperature, which goes back to the possible faulty temperature sensor.

Could some type of problem with the power pack cause something like this?  It's strange that the replacement modem would be giving a red light at startup, as well.  One is an anomaly, but two?  Odd.   

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Could be part of initialization in some way...  Another thing it could be is differences between units...  I haven't seen the inside of many HT1100 units, but I do have experience in manufacturing.  Many times when something is designed, the engineer realizes that certain components can't be available 24/7, and that it can be substituted with a few other components.  Could be as simple as a difference in design, and could be power draw.

I have seen mine go red-light, once, and only once, during a severe brown-out followed by a massive power-surge.  Modem rebooted it self and all was good.