No transmit or system light HT1000

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vscan
New Poster

No transmit or system light HT1000

Did a check on my system status, it is giving me a code of: 12.7.2., satellite signal strength 31. No internet. Is my modem going bad. It's an ht1000.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Vscan 

Most of the time something like this occurs it's due to inclement weather at your gateway.  It should only be a temporary issue.  

You can determine where your gateway is here, then check the weather at that location to see if that may be what's causing the problem.  

You can also try power cycling your modem to see if this may help, though if weather is causing the issue it won't help.  To do so, unplug the HughesNet modem at the wall outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  Then, after at least five minutes, try going online.  It's best to shut down your computer when you power cycle the modem, as well, as sometimes power cycling the modem while the computer is on makes the computer's network adapter lose the connection until the computer is restarted, so it's best to just shut down the computer and wait until the modem power cycling is complete to start it again.  

I finally called tech support. They had someone come out and update my system. All is working well now. Thanks for the response.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Vscan wrote:

I finally called tech support. They had someone come out and update my system. All is working well now. Thanks for the response.

I should have paid better attention and noticed that you had said that you had an HT1000 modem, which is an older modem that they've bee replacing with a newer model when an issue creeps up.  Often it's due to that modem.  

Still, I'm glad that you're back up and running.  🙂