cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No video just a green screen.

No video just a green screen.

After upgrading to Windows 10 all I get when trying to watch videos on Hulu.com and Facebook is a blank green screen with sound still playing. Is it Hughesnet not working with something or my drivers need updated?
13 REPLIES 13

Re: No video just a green screen.

Excuse me? I didn't ask for you to come on my post and start bashing me! Either take this off or I'll report it!
Assistant Professor

It is your Windows 10 install not HughesNet. The simple answer you don't want, sorry.
Alum

Hi Milburn,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the community! As mentioned by our community members, this is a Windows 10 compatibility issue. Typically I would start with updating the graphics and CPU drivers directly from the manufacturer of your computer. Also try different browsers to see if this happens across the board. With any new operating system these things can happen. Not all hardware is completely compatible from the start. It will take a bit more time for companies to catch up to Windows 10's standards. Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of your computer. I hope this helps.

- Chris

I was going to stay away from your comment but decided to jump in with both feet.

Boy, Bill, that's harsh. Not everyone is tech savvy and with so many tentacles out there that allows us internet access it isn't as easy any more to just check our phone lines.

You have to admit that HN on more than one occasion has been the culprit when something doesn't function as it should. 
New Poster

Also check windows update and see if its installed silverlight, its considered optional but required by some sites.
New Poster

Bill he simply asked if it was hughes or his windows 10 he didnt place blame
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Robin, for most people it is kind of obvious a new OS/driver problem since things worked before the upgrade but Bill may have been a tad harsh.
To me "always a Hughes problem" is as bad as "never a Hughes problem".

Your answer is fine but could someone please keep this MR. BILL from posting his snarky remarks! I didn't ask this for him to start treating me like a piece of trash! If Not I'll copy all of this and take to my states attorney for slander!

Hey what say you give your full name "BILL" if that's even your real name. Take your remarks down!! or all of your stuff will see my court this after noon!