cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-support and installation issues

Non-support and installation issues

I called Hughesnet about the unacceptable installation.  The installer ran cables IN my gutters, stuffed excess cables in bins where my firewood is stored and overall did a SUB-STANDARD (i.e., SH*TTY) job of installation. Called HughesNet to to get this remedied.  Got passed around to several people (the first one told me it would cost ME $135 for someone to come out and fix THEIR mess!!!!!!) and finally was told someone from post-installation would need to call me back.  Days and days later................snooze.................

7 REPLIES
New Poster

Re: Non-support and installation issues

Don't feel like the lone stranger. I've tried all day to contact them for technical support. Twice on chat, only to get the error message, "You are not authorized to enter this ...." Three times by phone for a total of 35 minutes hold with no answer. One email that has still not answered. System is operating at 1/3 of stated speed on a clear day. 

Is anyone else having bad-faith issues with HughesNet? 

Distinguished Professor III

@sg55

Though I'm sure the reps will help you with your issue, please refrain from violating the Community Guidelines (posting profanity).  

Thank you.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Sophomore

Welcome to the community.  If you read for very long you will notice a very familiar theme.  Poor service followed by people making you out to be the bad guy or have the bad equipment or the wrong settings.  

Tags (1)

Hello sg55,

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting here. I will gladly look into your situation and work with our installation team to get this resolved. You may not receive an update from me until tomorrow afternoon at the latest, but I've already located your account to get a case open. Your patience is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi sg55,

I apologize for the delay, this process is taking longer than expected. I wanted to let you know I had not forgotten about you and we are still working on your issue.

Thank you

Amanda

Hi sg55,

Since your case has been escalated to Dish network, have you been contacted by anyone?

Thank you

Amanda

Hi sg55,

It's been a while since we've heard from you and since you opened a case with our Post-Install group, this thread will be closed. If you have any questions or concerns later on, feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you

Amanda