cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normally.... How fast are the internet speeds on Smart Browsing?

Freshman

Normally.... How fast are the internet speeds on Smart Browsing?

I am wondering, because I am still rather new... How fast are the internet speeds when you are put on smart browsing? I really haven't seen anything that gives this information. All I see is that doing big downloads on smart browsing will slow down speeds.
5 REPLIES

Re: Normally.... How fast are the internet speeds on Smart Browsing?

Hi Corey!

SmartBrowsing lets you browse normally despite exceeding your data allowance. The only difference is, as you noted, big downloads won't work, this includes streaming media you might find embedded into websites like CNN or ESPN. Basically, there's no change in your speeds.

Let me know if that clears things up for you!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Freshman

Should I still be able to play facebook games? I know they use very little data.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I did answer a similar question about SmartBrowsing before... HTTPS requests during SmartBrowsing are also subject to reduced speeds. So any site which starts with httpin their URL will be slowed down, this includes Facebook.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

Ad and image blockers will help.