Hughesnet Community

Normally when my data is used up-smart browsing turns on. Why did it not turn on this time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddiewhitton

Normally when my data is used up-smart browsing turns on. Why did it not turn on this time?

16 REPLIES 16
Chris11
Alum

Hi eddie,

Thanks for posting and welcome. It may just be delayed in showing up. There could be more reasons however, what version of the status meter are you using currently? Have you upgraded recently?

- Chris
eddiewhitton

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response, I upgraded the HughesNet Status Meter to  6.5.0 a couple days ago.
eddiewhitton

EDIT: Removed due to SAN - Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi eddiewhitton,

You're not the only one running into issues with the new status meter. The transition for the most part usually works fine. I'm guessing you most likely took the update route, however if you are not seeing it, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app fresh. 

- Chris
Ricky
Tutor

Chris, please remove his SAN ID.
Chris11
Alum

Didn't notice that, thanks!
eddiewhitton

I will give that a shot, thanks!
eddiewhitton

Did a fresh install of the new status meter, still no Smart Browsing.
eddiewhitton

I actually have two systems, the desktop I upgraded to the new meter and the laptop is still using the old one.  Neither of them however is showing SmartBrowsing as active.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It's not active until out of allowance and no token bytes left. Grayed out.

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

in some cases it can take over 24hrs for the smart browse to appear, but in my case I have never had it show up but I do have that feature
eddiewhitton

I mean as long as SmartBrowsing is working that's fine. I don't really mind if the meter doesn't show it as long as it's working.
Chris11
Alum

Hi eddiewhitton,

Smart browsing is now a standard across all of our plans I think except for our low end choice option. So yes regardless it is working. I have although added a bit of token bandwidth to your account. Use it up and see if it then toggles. Not sure if it needs to have a reset for it to light up normally again. Maybe this will work 🙂

Thanks,
Chris
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

It's not active until out of allowance and no token bytes left. Grayed out

Its not going to be active either, if the "data demand" exceeds a certain level ... no streaming, no large file downloads, no webpages with embedded video ..... AND now Win10 update downloading in the background.

eddiewhitton

Thanks Chris!
eddiewhitton

Thanks Chris!