Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send imessage photo

Highlighted
Freshman

Not able to send imessage photo

Hi,

for the last month or so, we have not ben able send photos via imessage when home using our iphones.

It is affecting both of our phones and only at home (using hughesnet).  Our neighbors are also having the same issue.

We are located in the upstate new york area.  Occasionally, it is able to work but very rarely.

We can email photos, send pictures via facebook, surf the internet, play movies/videos but not send photos via imessage at home using hughesnet.

I have tried rebooting the modem, calling tech support who did a software update.

It still is not working.

Any suggestions?

I see the DNS dump in previously mentioned issues and am going to try that when I get home.

But if that doesn't work...what next?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Professor

Re: Not able to send imessage photo

I had that problem a while back, exactly as you describe. I began running tracerts and finding some of the nodes were taking too long to respond, which made it appear as though they were down, and that seemed to me to be what was causing the issue.

Hughesnet looked into this and the engineers fixed it and now things work.  I hope they will look at your beam and hopefully fix the issue for you too.  I hope a mod will see your post today and begin looking into the issue.

Freshman

Thanks for the reply.

I hope so...

that kinda deflates my confidence that the DNS dump will work...and then my wife will remain annoyed...which means I will end up going through the hassle of switching to excede...which we have had in the past and was somewhat inferior to hughesnet in certain ways...some ways better...

I spoke with tech support over the phone who insisted that it was not an issue...

Hi terpjr,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly help try to localize the issue. Check this site out, there might be some troubleshooting steps you haven't tried yet:

https://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-wont-send-pictures-heres-real-fix/

Please let me know which steps you've tried and your results.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Professor

I would still try the DNS dump. It might work, who knows?   

Freshman

I did the DNS dump, reset my network settings, changes my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and rebooted modem. Also made sure that both phones were updated.

Worked for a while and now appears to be not working. So thinking that was one of the random moments where it works.

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->