Hughesnet Community

Not enough data!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ab

Not enough data!!!!!!

I am so tired of the high cost and small about of data. As soon as my contract is up I am going to cancel and tell all of my friends to never use Hughes net. It a joke and I wish I had never went with them.
10 REPLIES 10
Harold Turner

I had the same problem and just yesterday got around to call them and they fixed it and it's not going to cost anymore first night to try it work great didn't have to wait until 2am to watch Netflix service going to try it out some more Best its been so far
Harold Turner

I had the same problem and just yesterday got around to call them and they fixed it and it's not going to cost anymore first night to try it work great didn't have to wait until 2am to watch Netflix service going to try it out some more Best its been so far
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Before you sign up for service you should know what your plan limits are and the cost. Crying about making a choice about something after the fact is not taking personal responsibility.

Wish you never went with them? You have other options?
Liz

Good morning annandbryantshreeve, 

Welcome and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and I see you are already on the plan with the highest data allowance in your area, the Max plan. What we can do is offer you advice on how to best manage your data so that you're not running out so quickly. 

Keep in mind there are countless factors that can use your data:

- more devices are capable of connecting to the internet: phones, tablets, gaming consoles, SmartTVs, and even refrigerators can connect wirelessly to the internet. Keep track of what devices you leave running on Wi-Fi.

- automatic-updates: your computer and any other programs you use will often keep working in the background, even if you're not actively using that program, in order to keep your system/program up-to-date. Anti-virus programs will periodically use your internet connection to check back with their malware database for any updates. You should have an option to turn off auto-updates and/or schedule them for a later time.

- multimedia content: Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, news sites, and other websites will contain videos, animated gifs, and sound clips that may start playing as soon as you land on the site. So much content, so easily available almost everywhere on the internet. For starters, try disabling auto-play video on Facebook:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/how_to_disable_autoplay_videos_on_facebook
or adjusting your Netflix playback quality to SD: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

- more data sources can be found here, as posted by a fellow community member: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common

The most important tool to download is the Status Meter, available in the Customer Support Center, so download that if you haven’t already:
supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

Others in the community may also provide their own advice to you about your concerns. If you have additional questions we can help address, let us know.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Try Verizon or AT&T. Both offer 100 GB plans for around $700/mo.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
ab

I do all that and when were were gone is when All of our data was used. There is no way that we went through 16 gb of data with no one home.
Pawnee County

Well with all the so called Smart Devices out there today, along with junk operating systems like Windows 10 it is very possible.  If you are using Windows 10 be absolutely sure to set your Wifi setting to metered connection or it will eat your data like a crocodile.   
w3fht
New Poster

$700.00????????????????????
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

That's correct. $740 US for Verizon's 100GB data plan. So AT&T's 100GB plan is a steal at only $700 🙂
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Liz

Hi ab,

You may want to look into using a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it: https://www.glasswire.com

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!