Not getting promised service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VickyA
Sophomore

Not getting promised service

I have had Hughesnet for a total of ten days now and have hated it from day one. First time connected, with tech still here, was slow as dial up. He witnessed this and told me to allow a few hours for dish and modum to "adjust".  I am still waiting.  My plan is 25 mbps and I have yet to experience anything close. Speed tests and actual are totally opposite.  Not to mention sporadic. As an example, I just did a speed test while typing this and after waiting a full 2 minutes 23 seconds for "finding server", then 40 seconds for "connecting", I got 21.2/6.34. I attempted another test for comparison and got "Error. Test failed to complete. Please check your connection and try again."  After three errors another test started but failed with the error again. 21.2??? I think not. So I cannot even give a current reading. Other tests have ranged from 1 mbps to 30 mbps all within a five minute period. And though the test may show high speed my actual isn't much faster than dial up. I am wasting my money on Netflix and Hulu premiums because I have yet to watch anything without buffering. Average watching time is less than two minutes without buffering. I have contacted customer service and all they offer is boosting the modum on their end with no results. And, by the way, since I cancelled my landline, I have to drive over a mile for cell signal to call. I discussed this with Hughesnet rep from day one. I am in a rural area and need a booster for cell service. He told me wireless calling would work. So now, in addition to slow, buffering, sporadic frustrating internet,  I have no way of contacting emergency services. I am very unhappy with Hughesnet and want it gone!

13 REPLIES 13