cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting the speed promised

Highlighted
Freshman

Not getting the speed promised

My download speed is supposed is supposed to be 10mbs.  I'm only getting 0.89!  How do I fix this??

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Not getting the speed promised

@mountaindoug

There are a few beams that are presently having issues that are being worked on.  

What is your Beam ID in the Satellite box of the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor I

Is your speed that low all day, or at certain times?  Many of us are experiencing degraded service in the evenings.

I haven't gotten decent speed since it was installed 9/21/17. Pretty much unusable. Waiting for a call back from escalated tech support.

Tags (1)
Freshman

Bad all the time, but it does seem to be worse between 4pm - 8pm.

Distinguished Professor I

The mods here will want you to run speed tests using Testmy.net.  Best way is to create an account, so there can be an easy way for them to analyze the results. 

• Running the Testmy.net test: 

• Go to the site and create an account if you don't have one

• Run the test while connected directly to the Hughesnet modem (do not run while using wifi)

• Run the manual test using the 25MB file size for downloads and 4 MB size for uploads

• Perform a few tests (3 to 5 is what is suggested) at different times during the day

• Space tests at least 5 minutes apart

• Share a link to your results page in the Tech Support forum