cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with my service at all.

Not happy with my service at all.

Will never recommend this service. Installer sliced my paneling walls was a crappy piece of work only pics can show. The service is horrible first month was ok but upgraded and data only lasted two days. When we didn't do anything different then month before. Seems upgraded with more data means u can't use it.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not happy with my service at all.

One of the things we found out (later of course) is that HughesNet keeps resetting your data the first month. And since you have 30 days to cancel, you have NO idea that you are using the amount of data. Then month two rolls around, you find out what's really going on and then you are locked into a contract that is not what you bargained for.
Assistant Professor

This calculator helps show how far your data should go if not being reset for the first 10-20 days of new service: http://www.cableone.net/Docs/datacalculator.html.

The reset period can definitely be deceiving if the new customer is not aware of it. Bottom line though it is ultimately a capped service that must be managed and monitored just like a cell phone data plan.

Good morning tinaks14

We're really sorry to hear you aren't happy with the service and had what sounds like an unsatisfactory installation. We'll first check your account to see if the installer uploaded photos of his work, but may need to ask you for more updated ones. I'll return before the end of the day to let you know what the next steps are.

Thank you
Amanda

THE INSTALER THAT PUT OUR'S IN DID A GREAT JOB---THAT PART WE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH-------GOOD JOB JOE !!

Hello tinaks,

I was able to see the installation pictures but I feel like there are some missing.  I see the home is made of brick on the exterior, the dish is mounted to a pole and the entry of the wiring goes into the brick from the outside of your home. However... the wire comes up from the floor to the modem. What I think is missing here is the images from where it comes up from under your house or the basement and then into the floor. Can you post those pictures here or if you'd prefer to email them to us at communitysupport@hughes.com

Thank you
Amanda