Not receiving specific email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flo257
Freshman

Not receiving specific email

I am not receiving emails from one specific sender. I have checked both hughesnet and gmail filters and the email address is not blocked on either. The filters are set to always allow the sender.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm still not receiving email from this sender via Gmail but do via Hughes. I am still waiting a reply from Gmail support. I now suspect it is on their end.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

How weird! I suggest you wait until a HughesNet rep on this site has a chance to respond to you. They will likely need for you to answer some questions and/or send them some information privately.  

Liz

Hi flo257,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for reaching out, we can certainly help. Do you know if that specific sender received any error messages on their end, in the form of bounceback emails? It would give us a clue as to why their emails aren't getting through to you. 

Some other questions that would help us out:

Is that sender trying to email your @Hughes.net address?

Can that sender successfully email your Gmail address?

Have they ever been successful in emailing your @Hughes.net address?

Have they ever been successful in emailing your Gmail address?

If they are also unable to email your gmail account, it seems like it's not solely a HughesNet issue. Perhaps the sender should double-check the email address(es) they're entering to ensure the mail is delivered successfully.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I use an email client, Outlook, but the issue is not there. Checking the web mail on both hughes and gmail sites reveals no filters except to never send email from this sender to junk.

Gmail site reveals no receipt of the messages.

This sender has in the past successfully sent to both mail accounts, but beginning in February mail sent to my gmail address is not delivered.

Sender has not indicated any messages stating the email is undeliverable.

The sender is able to send to hughes.net but not to gmail. My hughes mail is automatically forwarded to gmail account.

The sender has spoken with their isp who claims the issue is on gmail's side.

The sender's mail account is cros.net.

My remaining question is whether hughes somehow would or could automatically have blocked this sender for any reason.

Thanks

Good morning flo257, 

Thank you for this information, that is interesting. I'm not seeing anything on the backend indicating any issues with your HughesNet address, particularly if it was suspended for spam, but that didn't happen, the account is active. The only other clues as to why the messages aren't going through would come from error messages/bounceback emails received by the sender. Those indicate reasons as to why mail was undeliverable or a sender unreachable.

-Liz 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I'm still not receiving email from this sender via Gmail but do via Hughes. I am still waiting a reply from Gmail support. I now suspect it is on their end.

Thanks for your help.

Good morning flo257,

Thank you for this update, good luck! I'll keep this thread open the rest of this week just in case you need any additional info from us to help with your support case with Gmail.

-Liz