cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving the service I was promised....

Not receiving the service I was promised....

I have been on the phone for more than 2 hrs with three different reps. The second one hung up on me. Why am I paying for service that I cannot utilize? But then I get the run around from every person saying these are steps we have to take... Diagnostic this and that. His is the third run through of all the same stuff. I have said multiple times that I wish to cancel my service. But I have been ignored. But if I try to cancel I am going to be penalized almost the Sam amount as my car payment. I have things to compete so I can start school.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Not receiving the service I was promised....

I'm in same shape u are .almost every word .don't like it and cant understand wh th we have to pay for something that doesn't work and get penalties for stopping so called service.so I have over 800 contacts on my phone don't count twitter fb snap chat or the other clubs I'm in as well I'm going to advertise. And the average person tells 29 wonder how many th at adds up to?

I don't like to argue I'm a disabled person and I want out because it don't work and I can't handle much stress.and that is all I have got from them .hope it will be resolved and with no penalties cause I'm on a very low fixed income
Distinguished Professor IV

Now that you've vented your anger, could you possibly post the problem so that someone on here might be able to help? 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Tony Walker,

Have you bothered to create the testmy.net account and run the tests suggested on the thread you created? 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I am unable to connect to the Internet or download anything. They said there was abnormally high levels of data consumption on a couple of days. Some of those days there was Boone at the house due to being out is state or at work. I have now been on the phone for nearly and hour and a half this time around trying to fix the problem. I have run every test and gone to every site or at least atempted to when they have asked. Nothing has worked or when it finally stopped I got an error message. I have done the safe mode boot. I have done everything and nothing has worked.

I was also never informed of a data limit when initially signing up.

With regard to not being informed of the data limit when signing up, if you post your serial number from the modem, or a case number from a call, the reps can listen to your sales call to determine if something can be done with regard to that. 

With the problems, I'm not versed enough on those sorts of things to help you, but there are a lot of people on here that are, including customers and reps (the reps on here are at the corporate level and have more knowledge and ability than those on the phone).  Being that you've given some ideas of what is going on, I'm sure you will receive help. 

One thing I might be able to suggest, though, is regard to the data consumption.  So many times data is consumed very quickly and the user doesn't realize why.  There are many things that can do this.  Windows updates, the cloud (OneDrive), syncing, Facebook, updates of other programs, updates on other devices...all these things can eat your data up VERY quickly, especially the cloud.  Streaming of videos will also eat up your data, especially if streamed in HD.  Only a few hours of HD streaming and your entire month of Anytime data is gone.  Some of the others on here have much more in depth suggestions regarding data usage and a capped service like Hughesnet, but I just gave the broad strokes. 

There are going to be things asked of you on here that may seem ridiculous, but they are important.  One thing I can almost guarantee that you are going to be asked is to set up an account at testmy.net and run some speed tests using that account.  That keeps track of your speed tests. 

If you are actually unable to connect, and I mean connect at all, that could be a lot of things, of which I'm not versed, but again, a lot of people on here are. 

Just give it a little bit and someone will try to help.  It may not be tonight, and it surely won't be tonight for the reps, as they are only on during the day, but someone will try to help you.

Good luck.      

Honorary Alumnus

The first thing would be to open the modems SCC by entering 192.168.0.1
Are the icons at the top center both green ?
Alum

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear you are frustrated with your service. However I assure you we are here to help. I see you are a recent subscriber to our service so pulling up your sales call should not take too long. Depending on what we find you may have recourse. Once I have heard back from our call center I will post back with updates. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris