Hughesnet Community

Not sure how much worse it can get...;))

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dzutant

Not sure how much worse it can get...;))

I signed up for the most data I could get. Which I am more than willing to pay for. Last month my bill was about $300. This month, I think it's at about $350. No, we do not constantly stream. We do not play online games. I live in a rural area and nobody has access to my Internet. Nobody is stealing my Internet. I have probably spent about five hours on the phone, trying to get a technician out here to do one simple thing. Just one simple thing. See, I do not have phone service at my house. So when I am trying to deal with a situation, I have to drive 5 miles down the road to do it. So it's not like I can be on the phone with the technician and be in front of my router. So, Hughes net graciously gave me a free technicians visit. I spoke to two people at their subcontractors office... Florida Totalcom. I gave them very very simple instructions. I told them that my house was very very hard to find, and to have the tech TEXT me. I gave them one number. I told them, please do not call. All I can receive are text messages. Pretty simple, right? Well, apparently it's not so simple. They called every other number than what I told them to text. Remind you, I even heard the lady type it into the computer. So I know she had the proper # There is one phone number. And I made sure to tell her that it was TEXT ONLY. Apparently, that was too difficult for them to figure out. So, the bottom line is, I have spent approximately five hours on the phone to try to get something done which would probably take about 10 minutes. I am about ready to pay the cancellation fee. I would rather have no internet, than deal with this utter nonsense. And we only have one vehicle in our household. So it's not like I'm going to walk 5 miles down the road to make one damn phone call. And on top of it, the woman I spoke to from the subcontractor, Florida Telcom, got snippy with me. Which use made things even better.

I swear.... if I didn't need my daily news.... I'd GLADLY pat the disconnect fee. I have never in my LIFE experienced this kind of runaround.
27 REPLIES 27
mdhobbs

Leaving this company behind is the BEST solution available. They only care about picking your pocket and making promises they know are lies when they make them. 

You were right to anticipate a “functional” service when you subscribed, without you having to be responsible for their service issues or investing your time in trying to make their service perform.  

Hughes Net is a pathetic organization. 

Gabe, you should be ashamed of yourself!!! 
mdhobbs

HughesNet compensate you for fear mongering? 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

HughesNet compensate you for fear mongering? 
Even when good advice is given, you just can't help sticking your silly nose into it, can you?  Even more ridiculous.  Perhaps, one day, you will actually be able to give ONE piece of decent advice to someone, mdhobbs, but being that everything you have done, including with your own system's problems, I highly doubt that.  You problem, and reaction to it, have been nothing but comedy. 
Liz

Good morning Debby,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm glad you tried to work things out with Gabe. Whatever ISP you go with, if ever you need to know what exactly on your PC is using data, check out Glasswire.com. 

Good luck with your future ISP.

Thank you,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

dzutant

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled There are no words to describe how bad this service is...

Ok. I've been here before. I gave them one month to fix my service. I have done EVERY SINGLE SUGGESTION that I was given. I was promised a tech to come out and check for issues. Three weeks ago. From Florida Totalcom. First... they couldn't figure out the correct number to reach me at. Second... I told them TEXT ONLY. Apparently those instructions were too complicated for them. I have the dozen or so emails we exchanged, in case a hughesnet....English speaking preferably ... rep is interested.

I have spent, so far, a total of THREE DAYS waiting for the alleged rep.

Once again... I just purchased another $32.00 worth of tokens. Just now. I was hoping I could maybe watch just one movie for my $32 purchase. I am literally next to the modem and the router. No movie. And before all the sycophants come out and tell me all the things I'm doing wrong..... I have done EVERY SINGLE DAMN suggestion that I was given in other threads.

Since I cannot make a phone call from my remote home, I'm hoping a hughesnet rep sees this. The technician I was promised never showed. And I no longer get responses from Florida Totalcom.

At the very least, I'd like a credit for my last $32 token purchase. Secondly, I would like the rep I was promised.

Words cannot begin to describe the ineptitude of hughesnet "service". Dear lord... if anyone is reading this, deciding whether to order service...?? Please... stock up on a lot of money, patience and a lot of Valium.
Liz

Good morning Debra,

I will escalate your case here at corporate to ensure that your local dealer contacts you via text, as you have specified, so that you can schedule your site visit.

I've also credited your account $32 for the trouble.

Please let me know if you still have additional concerns, and let me know how the visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Debra,

As I was reviewing your notes before escalating, I see that your local dealer texted and emailed you in hopes of contacting you to schedule your appointment.

Can you please email me at communitysupport@hughes.com with the number at which you want to be texted?

Thanks,
Liz