Now a believer in data drain

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Now a believer in data drain

I am in token use mode. I started today with 3.5GB token data available. As of now I am at 2.5GB remaining. My Networx usage shows 250MB used today. Something went poof somewhere.
I didn't take snapshots before and after as I just realized this. I think most here know I am someone who is aware of how to manage and monitor usage.

60 REPLIES 60
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

It will be interesting to root out the cause or better understand the limits ... certain beams ?, a single platform or across the board ?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Dear customer could you please post a resent case number or the serial number from the label on the back or the bottom of your modem and take screenshots of you status meter then unhook the lan cable for 31 days then hook it back up and post screenshots of your status meter and also your first born and a picture of the inside of you mail box and list the color of all the cars and trucks in you drive way so the Mods can run remote diag. and begin the self destruct sequence, lol 🙂 
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Sorry the chicken made me do it
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What a dick!  
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

the interesting part is it running on token bytes, I have seen other posts of customers saying that they applied a token and it be gone in just a few minutes, sounds like a data drain on the token bytes
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I have a HT1000 thats only 300MBs from FAP, I will go ahead and FAP it to see it it happens to me
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Well, if this is what is happening to other customers I can understand why they come here PO'd. Personally I can deal with it but definitely not good.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Just lost another 100MB in the last few minutes.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Particularly if you consider that the customer paid extra for those Tokens on top of an already expensive service.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Start posting screen shots:

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Do you by chance have Glasswire running?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Calibration ? What do the other meters indicate ?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

The more accurate meter will see how it changes:

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Don't have Glasswire but Task Manager doesn't show high network usage. Showing zero as I type this.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Really weird. Seems to be holding steady now but something sucked over 750MB in a very short period that doesn't show up on local usage monitor.

And yea, I'll answer the newbie questions, my network is secure. No neighbors, in a valley surrounded by hills.  🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

This is the sort of thing that drives me nuts. Not so much the loss as knowing where the heck it went.

No updates at the time, no huge downloads. Networx only shows 250MB. Damn! 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Well, I may have egg on my face. The smart TV was on and connected. They released a firmware update today of 738MB. Seems I may be guilty of ignoring what I have preached about smart TVs.

Dang, it sucks to be humiliated. Never mind.  😞

I may not post for awhile. Have to go to the time out corner.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Well, no sci-fi for you tonight. Go to your room !
BirdDog
Assistant Professor