cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK, Finally Have Time to Address This Insane Slowdown! I Know You Guys Can Help! :)

monicakm
Senior

Re: OK, Finally Have Time to Address This Insane Slowdown! I Know You Guys Can Help! :)

I guess the addage, "the customer is always right" went right over HN's head!   Even Liz isn't responding.  That's not the norm and I've done everything by the book as far as posting here and trying to get phone tech support to help.  I can't even get them to return calls after they assign me a case number.  Chain of command, complete.  They will be required by law to reply to a B*B*B complaint.  I'll have to take time out of my day(s) to write a detailed complaint and file it.  I'll be directing them to seveal threads in this forum.  What a pain in the rear!

Latest download speed at 11pm...474kbps

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: OK, Finally Have Time to Address This Insane Slowdown! I Know You Guys Can Help! :)

Though I have no way of knowing, of course, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the issue is not due to overselling, even though the symptoms suggest that.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Maximus
Freshman

Thanks for the intel. That solves everthing .... classic Hughesnet 

happytexann
Senior

We switched last week from Wi-Power at $80/mo to similar plan on Gen5 - we were getting steady speeds of 1.81 MPBS with bursts to 5-7MBPS on Wi-Power with some buffering at times. Gen5, after 1 week is SO much worse, last night we couldn't watch any streaming because speeds were in the 60-440kbps range. I am thoroughly displeased, don't want to spend time with tech support because it is a waste of time reading all of your reviews. I will post my results to my facebook page, with 1500 followers who ALL reside in rural areas, looking for answers for faster internet. I would tell you that posting on FB or Instagram or other social media MIGHT get a response. It's worth a try. TOTALLY UNHAPPY - I, too, believe they have oversold.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jezra wrote:

@GabeU in multiple phone calls with advanced tech support, I was told the issue is caused by selling beyond capacity. 

I've no doubt.   Many people are being told this right now.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
monicakm
Senior

It's really hard to believe that techs are actually admitting to people that their company over sold and that's the reason for the crappy service.  But I guess that will be helpful in my letter to the B*B*B...HN knew what they were doing was going to cause their service to fall WAAAYYY below their advertised speeds.  

monicakm
Senior

LOL, I just got an email from HN wanting to know if my problem has been solved by posting it in the forum.  Uh, let me think about it.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@monicakm

You may want to ease up of the whole 'bureau' threats because quite honestly, your starting to burn your bridges.

When you come on to this community and start implying that this is your intentions, regardless of whether you have actually filed an official complaint or not, any help you may come to expect within this community will halt until such time as HughesNet has been 'officially' contacted by the 'bureau' on your behalf. HughesNet then has 30 DAYS to respond to such complaints.

The kicker is...the very same HughesNet representatives that will respond to your 'official' complaint are the SAME representatives that would of HELPED you in this community IF you had just taken a chill pill and let them do their job in order of urgency.

Right now, even though your speeds are really crappy, you CAN still access the internet.

While you might not be able to stream a full length movie, or check out the latest u-tube channel without experiencing buffering, or even download very large files quickly, you CAN still access the internet, view most webpages and even socialize on Faceboon, Twitter, etc.

Believe it or not, there are folks out there who have it a lot worse off...not being able to access the internet at all.

Those customers are going to take priority..plain and simple.

monicakm
Senior

No, I've yet to file my complaint.  This won't be the first or even second time do to so concerning HN.  I will be filing a complaint.  I'm busy with life and still gathering information.  Chill pill?  I've been putting up with this and being ignored by phone support since sometime in Sept/Oct (as have 1000s of others).  If they don't care to be proactive, fine.  And frankly, you don't have a clue what I do with my data.  I don't do full length movies or ANY movies.  I don't download large files nor do I socialize on FB or Twitter.  But I have heavily invested in smart home technology based on the service I was sold from HN.  Now I have a houseful of smart devices that operate at an unacceptable rate/speed and sometimes don't function at all.   The only thing you commented on that MIGHT be accurate is getting no help from Liz (who has been quite helpful to me in the past) because of my mention of the B*B*B.  If that's the reason she is not responding to me then I'm sure it's policy not to do so.  I can't fault her for that.  

btw, the only reason I've waited this long to act is because of the holidays, family birthdays and company.  

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Hey, I was just giving you a heads up...but by all means, go right ahead and file your complaint.

Good luck to you and your house full of smart devices.

Smiley Happy