Office365 connectivity issues after 5pm and on weekends

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrettL
Freshman

Office365 connectivity issues after 5pm and on weekends

My wife and I have been using Hughesnet to work from home since August. We both have similar computers and are using Microsoft Outlook. We had not had any problems (except limits to monthly bandwidth) until about 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden, one day, both of us were unable to send and receive emails after 5pm on weekdays. Typically, the issue was resolved when we started working again the next morning at 9am.

When the issue is occurring, Outlook will lock up or say "Trying to Connect" and emails (even small ones) will sit in the outbox until the next day (sometimes, they randomly get out if we leave Outlook open all evening.

I have confirmed with HughesNet that they don't believe it is an issue with general connectivity. I can still ping outlook.office365.com and get normal 600ms response. And, I can use other apps including going into my company's VPN and using a separate Outlook on a virtual machine.

I found one other HughesNet user who had the same issue and it doesn't look like they have been able to get resolution either. If we cannot find an answer to this, I will have to move on to another company. It is bad enough that I cannot use more than 20GB a month (my nieces and nephews eat up the entire allottment if I don't steal their iPads from them when they come over for an afternoon) but this is completely untenable. I have to work at night.

I would appreciate some help to figure out what configuration or setting is causing this issue.

Thank you.

Brett

31 REPLIES 31

And again this morning starting around 7AM.

Capture.JPG

Curious what gateway you're on.

@maratsadeand I are both on SDO068. Perhaps a fix was applied to just that gateway and hadn't gotten to your's?

Edit: Alternatively, perhaps this was congestion-related issue all along and we just lucked out.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I am on gateway J2SEA060 so you could be right about the application of the "fix." 

As for congestion - I guess time will tell.

Good morning folks

Thank you for bearing with us as we investigated this. I was just informed by the head of engineering that a few days ago they rolled out a fix on beam 68. Yesterday those on beam 68, like maratsade and Mark, confirmed that this resolved their Microsoft connection issues. So now engineering will roll out the fix to the rest of the beams over the weekend, so all customers should be able to connect to Outlook and such in the coming days.

Your speaking up and working with us definitely helped us reach a resolution which will benefit others, and we're very thankful for that. 🙂

If you still have any concerns next week, by all means let us know!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

That's great news!!

And thank you for taking the problem seriously and passing it on to your engineering team!

Best wishes,

Steve

Is really good news.

Seems 68 always gets the test cases. Helps when you share the same beam as the engineers in Gaithersburg. 😀

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Is really good news.

Seems 68 always gets the test cases. Helps when you share the same beam as the engineers in Gaithersburg. 😀

It sure does!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good news -

We have stayed connected all weekend!!  Looks like the rollout was successful.

Thanks again for your help!

Steve

Excellent! So glad to hear that, Steve. Thanks for letting us know! 

Liz

Thanks for all your input! One of our engineers will investigate. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Good afternoon,

We as well are having issues with Microsoft Outlook. My wifes email will not connect after 5 pm as well. My email is through Gmail and it works great.

Thanks,

Keith