cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office365 connectivity issues after 5pm and on weekends

New Poster

Re: Office365 connectivity issues after 5pm and on weekends

Good afternoon,

We as well are having issues with Microsoft Outlook. My wifes email will not connect after 5 pm as well. My email is through Gmail and it works great.

Thanks,

Keith

Good morning Keith, 

Thanks for speaking up! I'll send over your info to our engineers as well. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Greetings,

There is an entire thread I started several weeks ago regarding this exact issue!!!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Cannot-receive-mail-via-Outlook-Office-365-or-connec...

It is very real, and it's very frustrating!!  Both MS Outlook and OneDrive are dead-in-the-water in the evenings and on weekends; and lately dropbox has started acting up.  Removing and reinstalling exchange accounts does not solve the problem!!  Unfortunately, MS websites through xxxxx.live.com (e.g. onedrive.live.com; outlook.live.com, etc.) are also affected so you can't even connect through the web.

Basically something is blocking specific websites and apps (perhaps those with certain encryption protocols?) from appox. 5pm to 11pm each evening and from 10AM to late into the evening on weekends. However, download/upload speeds are not affected.  Interestingly, MS Mail that comes with Windows10 does not seem to be affected (perhaps it uses a different encryption protocol?) and continues to work with my home email.

We have several PCs & Laptops and all of them are affected.  However, if I disconnect my cellphone from wifi I can connect to my outlook email through my phone (thanks to a Weboost cell-signal amplifier/repeater).  I can also use my cellphone as a wifi hotspot and use this connection to connect with Outlook through my laptop.

One other solution to get to your work email would be to go through your workplace office 365 portal - most companies that use MS exchange will have one.  This step will bypass outlook.live.com over your connection and, instead, use your work's "outlook.office.com/owa/..." connection.

Hopefully, someone will figure out what's going on at some point.

Steve

Good morning all,

One of our lead engineers is already investigating this, and once I have any news to share, I will update this thread. I appreciate your patience and cooperation!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning folks,

We appreciate your patience while engineering investigates. BrettL, MarkJFine, and maratsade please let me know if you're seeing anything different. Engineering is still doing more testing today, but we want to know your current experience.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Senior Instructor

Unsure of the timing of things.

Tuesday evening was awful - Excel locking up, constantly trying to sign in to OneDrive and timing out.

In comparison, yesterday (Wednesday evening) seemed fine.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

This morning OWA, Google Drive, and iMessage all worked.  I'm going to do more testing over the weekend to see what happens during times of high congestion.  Thanks for working on this! 

Thanks for your feedback so far!

maratsade, do you have a timeframe for when you tested this earlier today?

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

First things first: thank you all for taking this problem seriously and working on a solution!!

If it helps the effort, our office apps (outlook and onedrive) have stayed connected this AM through what has typically been the 7:30-8:30AM MST weekday "witching hour" for the first time in several weeks.

Good morning steveandkris,

Thank you for your feedback as well, that's good to hear! I've passed this along to our engineers in case it helps shed light on anything. I'll keep this thread updated with any news I can share.

Thanks,
Liz