Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Reps., Can you?

donsjgm
Junior

Re: Official Reps., Can you?

Hi Amanda,

I hope that you haven't given up working on my connection.
For now, I will forsake my home network and stay connected directly to the modem.
I just ran 4 tests thru the router and 4 direct with no change.
It is getting near peak time, here it is 18:28hrs.
I will run some more during off peak.
Tomorrow, at your convenience please run some and see what you can do.
I'm hoping directly connected to the modem will give you better access.
Don't worry about service interruptions - please, feel free to do what you need.

With the sincerest of thanks,
Don  Smiley Happy
Amanda

Hi Don

I was not in the office yesterday but I will be taking one last jab at it today before I escalate to engineering. I'll let you know if I need anything done from your side! Thanks
Amanda
donsjgm
Junior

Amanda,

Thank you so much. I'm sure you're aware of the widespread service outage today.
I'm in town on my cell. I have no service at home.
Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
I will update as soon as I have service again.

Don. Smiley Happy
donsjgm
Junior

Hi Amanda,

It's me again. Smiley Happy
I got home and I have service again.
The local time is 16:24 hrs.
I ran a series of 4 speed tests connected directly to the modem.
The network performance is about the same.
The download speed is superlative and the upload is (you can see for yourself).
Overall I still have excellent service even with the lower upload speeds.

I'll leave things in you capable hands.
Thank you so much.

If you need anything on this end, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Don  Smiley Happy
Amanda

Hi Don

Just wanted to let you know I've passed your case on to an engineer who has done great work for me in the past. He's looking into this and will let me know what he sees. I'll give you an update as soon as I can!

Thanks
Amanda
donsjgm
Junior

Amanda... Thank you so very much.

In the mean time, I will leave my computer connected directly to the modem only.
This should facilitate his working on my connection.
If there is anything that you all need from this end just let me know.

I will have to temporarily connect my router to access banking using my smartphone.
After completing my business there, I will return to direct connection until I hear back from you.

Sincerely,
Don  Smiley Happy
Amanda

Hi Don

No worry - you are welcome to use your router as you see fit. What is measured during remote performance tests is everything leading up to the modem, so devices connected won't matter (to a point). We'll let you know if that has to change, but for now, you are free to use your system normally.

Thanks!
Amanda
Amanda

Hi Don

Just an FYI

The engineer will set an automatic performance test to run on your system overnight, but it will use some of your data per hour. He is going to compensate by adding tokens to your account. Just a heads up Smiley Happy

Thanks
Amanda
donsjgm
Junior

Hi Amanda,

You guys are the best!  Smiley Happy

Thanks

Don  Smiley Happy
Amanda

Hi Don

Thanks for that Smiley Happy

Engineering is releasing a report tomorrow that outlines the issue. The engineer who is working with me on your case did give me the results of the overnight testing and confirmed you should not see anymore data being used from his tests. He determined you do have a slight download speed issue, but it he confirmed the upload speed issues are there consistently during the periods of 8-10 PM, I suppose eastern time because he didnt clarify (oops!!)

His honest statement was upload is a lot harder to tackle than download when it comes to fixing it. I don't have a telecommunications degree so I don't think I would understand why haha.. In the end, the good thing is we know through him there is a problem, he has found it and knows how to fix it - but I think the delivery time to get it fixed may take a while. If you don't mind that, I can just keep you updated as we go along and as he updates me on ETA's, planned changes, etc. 

Thanks
Amanda