Hughesnet Community

Okay, so after all the issues I have had, now I have 10 GB available to use as tokens, and I have no access to them ???? Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maryandbob

Okay, so after all the issues I have had, now I have 10 GB available to use as tokens, and I have no access to them ???? Help

Trying to understand the usage and retrieval of GB in tokens since I have 10 GB available in token bytes, and am still currently Smart Browsing????
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

But maryandbob are currently using Smart Browsing, which most likely suggests they are out of anytime data.  Isn't there some process by which you have to select the tokens to be able to use them?  
GabeU

That's a good question (whether they are free or not).  I have four free ones that I received from when I upgraded as I had some built up with my old plan.  I know that until I select them and add them they don't show up. 
GabeU

Scratch that, I now have five.  Where did the fifth one come from?  It wasn't there the other day.  Maybe they just REALLY like me.  LOL. 
GabeU

My Mom always said I was special.  Now I know it for sure! 
GabeU

Actually, I think it may still be from my old plan.  I had it for the first five days of Feb, and it may have just rolled over from that.  The old plans gave one free one a month until one amassed up to six, so that's most likely where it's from.  I hadn't checked since the end of last month, I don't think.

Maybe I'm not so special.  😞 

GabeU

Did you talk to my mom?!?!?!?!

Thomas Evans

To use my available tokens I had to activate them first.   Go to http://my.hughesnet.com/  and sign in. From there go to token management. It will show available tokens and give you an option to "use" tokens you already have or purchase more.  This is just from memory.  Unfortunately the website won't allow me to sign in to my dashboard again today so I could verify it for you. This seems to happen a couple times a month on the weekends, usually Sundays, Not sure why but I wish they would fix it.  Grrr.

I hope this helps. 
deepdiver1
Sophomore

Also remember the token data you cash in doesn't show up as Anytime bytes. They are shown as a separate entry in your Status Meter.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

http://my.hughesnet.com/

on the above page note the Token Bytes Available. 25 GB in this case

click on the token management link at upper right.

I have 1  500  MB Token available.

Click on the "use" button":

next we go back to this display

you may have to refresh the display by clicking on the refresh circle.

note that the available tokens have increased from 250000   MB to 255000 MB