cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old HN7000S may be dying or dead. Need help

Old HN7000S may be dying or dead. Need help

sn 4121975 . I am running an old HN7000S I think (because I cannot access the internet and thus cannot communicate with you through HN but at work instead.) that appears to have died an intermittent but mostly out-of-service death. About 1 mo ago, I began to not be able to access the internet for days at a time. I had given up becuase it had been 2 weeks, then I was able to access for a few hours a couple dyas ago, then it died and has been dead since. The modem shows one light lit and only none light (cannot recall top- or bottom, I think bottom). Multiple hard restarts via long unplugs from electrical power do nothing to alter the fact that no signal is coming through to my router. What is my next step?
9 REPLIES 9
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Old HN7000S may be dying or dead. Need help

Considering the dwindling number of active transponders it may well be worth your while to upgrade to a Gen4 system if you are in the service area of Echostar17.
The difference is like night and day.

yes, i agree but about 12 or 18 mos ago I checked availability because that was an issue earlier on, and I couldn't get on the website despite several tries with all the right data (as happens often enough).  So I set it aside and looked at it again a few mos ago, but again couldn't log on.  But I was able to poke around enough to find that I was going to experience a reduction in downloadable data package despite higher speed.  That may still may be the case, but right now I cannot download anything, so it would be an improvement to the current woes.  I was able to log on tonight but the system wouldn't let me get beyond the revised customer agreement form, so again I was thwarted in my attempt to conduct any meaningful business with HughesNet online (except this website which helped me solve a problem previously and was a reliable and effective interface with HughesNet via the HughesNet support staff and folks like yourself.  Thanks! )

Hello HayleysDadForever,

Thank you for providing your serial number, we were able to locate your account. It seems your system is down right now and I cannot really determine much at this point since I cannot see the system. If you log into http://192.168.0.1 and click on System Status, what are the TX and RX codes listed?

Also, I checked for upgrades in your area and see we can only offer Gen4 through Spaceway in your location. If your service requires a technician visit to be repaired, my recommendation is to just have new equipment installed if the plans fit your needs.

Thanks,
Amanda

Hello

I believe the systems might have actually been down, because I just received a notification that they are back up. Can you try accessing the web now?

Thanks
Amanda

Hi, I'm on my cellphone now. How and whom do I contact at space way to arrange to upgrade or do I contact HN directly to arrsnge the upgrade . Needless to say I cannot use my home internet to do any if this and my phone being so small is difficult to access the HN websites . So I need phone numbers really.
Highlighted

post your Modem ESN_serial no. and our Hughes-Net reps can find you and help you in what you wish and better than phone salesperson, TOO !!!!    located either back or bottom of modem !!!!

Hi,

Please give us a call anytime at 866.347.3292 to upgrade at your convenience. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I'm having the same issue with my 7000s and have most certainly identified a temperature issue associated with this activity. It seems that by raising the temp with a light bulb kept close to the modem case then the modem will start to communicate again, but just as HaleysDadForever has pointed out, the power led is the only one lit when this is occurring. at times the recieve and lan leds are lit with no tx or system. I've dealt with temp for several years in winter when the room where the modem is kept would drop to around 32 deg or less, but this past winter has called for a lamp on the modem in much warmer temps and now it is a pretty consistent 65-75 deg and the modem drops out repeatedly until I turn the lamp on then it works perfectly. I'm seriously questioning the temp parameters within the software at this point? I realize Hughes wants me on Gen 4 and yet I am satisfied for the time being with the 7000s service. For heavy use or video downloading I have an ATT hotspot that works great so upgrading Hughes is not a concern at this point. The temp issue baffles me though? Any ideas? 

We're separating your comment to better assist you.

Please reference the new conversation here: HN7000s temp issue?