Old Modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdale1110
Spectator

Old Modem

Hi,  My modem is 8+ years old.  Would a newer modem improve the speed?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Probably not unless your system is malfunctioning.  Go to the modem's internal page at http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status and find the number next to State Code. What is it?

sdale1110 wrote:

Hi,  My modem is 8+ years old.  Would a newer modem improve the speed?

Thanks

Thanks for the response.  It says fully operational.

Liz

Good morning sdale1110,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Having the latest modem certainly is ideal, and when I pulled up your account I see that you already have the HT2000w modem! This replaced your old modem back when you upgraded to Gen 5 a few years ago.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Ok Thanks.  Just thought I would check to see if there was a faster modem.

You're welcome! 

Your site diagnostics show that the HughesNet equipment is working fine, but I am seeing a few of the devices on your network that have a poor wifi connection, which may be why you're experiencing slower speeds.

Matt-Dale, iPhone-2, and the Amazon devices are all currently having fair or poor connection to wifi. 

The Amazon and iPhone devices are both on the 5Ghz network, see if switching to the 2. 4 GHz network makes a difference, or move them closer to the modem. While the 5GHz network is faster than the 2.4 GHz network, it has a shorter range. 

As for the Matt-Dale device, try moving that closer as well to see if performance improves, if not, try disconnecting and reconnecting it to the wifi network.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning sdale1110,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope my suggestions above helped, but if you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz