cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Streaming/Buffering Issues, both video and large images (Question for Liz)

New Poster

Re: Ongoing Streaming/Buffering Issues, both video and large images (Question for Liz)

I also have had the same issues. I am trying to watch 10-15 minute videos to prepare for my CPA exam. Even though it says I have data left for the month, and my speeds are fine, it takes 20 minutes for half of the videos to load. The only time the videos work is during the "Bonus Hours"... which is crap. 

Advanced Tutor

Re: Ongoing Streaming/Buffering Issues, both video and large images (Question for Liz)

@KiraD416I'm feeling for you.

The majority of the time, not being able to play video or watch anything streaming via my computer doesn't get me all bent out of shape. Normally I just deal with it....

I don't care about playing online games, or streaming OnDemand / Netflix movies ect....and whatever else people do these days,  BUT like you with your CPA exam, certain times of the year I am REQUIRED BY MY EMPLOYER to complete numerous training courses and I'll be the first to admit I do get bent out of shape and highly ticked off that I'm unable to watch very basic 2-5 minute training videos....and even more so this year as I have approx. 81 out of 105 total 2019 CBL's that contain video.

2017 was also bad and I only had 45 CBL's containing video that year...

Last year's training was actually not too bad...thus the reason you didn't see me on here.

I've been trying to get these 2019 CBL's completed for 2 MONTHS now!!! They are well overdue.

So yes...my patience is wearing thin.

For the record as I'm sure someone is thinking along these lines......

I live 100+ miles, in ANY DIRECTION from any public library or storefront or starbucks ect that offers free wifi...so NO, driving 4+ hours each day to find an alternative internet signal so that I can complete some of these CBL's is out of the question. (I have no doubts that the mods can verify my location should anyone wish to dispute this claim) 

We also have NO cellular service out here either...

@bare65

You should indeed be able to stream at that resolution and duration without any issues, based on your current speeds. You are already connected to the modem directly and the devices you tested all resulted in the same outcome. This proves that this is an overarching issue. In light of this information, and the fact that there are no system errors being reported currently, this case will need to be escalated to our Advanced Technical Support team. Response time will be within 2 business days, as they need to investigate the issue thoroughly. Since you mention you also do not have cellular service, I will include the email on file as a method of contact just in case. I will also private message you the case number associated with your escalation, along with details regarding the discount I will be applying. I do appreciate your understanding and patience in advanced. 

-Damian  

Advanced Tutor

Thank you @Damian for taking the time to review and escalate this ongoing issue.

I did receive your private message and I'm going to be forwarding the case # that you provided to my employer as well.

I pm'd you my primary email address so that I can receive any updates on this matter.

Advanced Tutor

@Damian 

I'm not sure if you can edit my contact information on your end...as apparently, I'm unable to do so on my end, but someone has added an evening phone number to my contact information that doesn't belong to me.

I've tried deleting it, but it won't delete.

The day phone number is correct...but will go straight to voicemail unless I'm in an area that has a signal.

@bare65,

I have successfully updated the case with your primary email. In regards to your evening phone number, it appears this was added at the time of sign up so I will need to submit a ticket requesting its removal. This should be completed sometime tomorrow. 

-Damian