Hughesnet Community

Online Gaming 700-1000 Ping and instant host connection loss

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucymn

Online Gaming 700-1000 Ping and instant host connection loss

This is the slowest internet by far. first of alll for the price if i lived in the city I could get fiber optic line with 900Mbps download and upload speed and unlimited data. Now where I am very unsatisfied is you advertise this as being able to Game online. Every game has a ping of 700-1000. Are you guys **bleep**ing high. Get it together. Your tech told me i had 0 lag and over 25Mbps down speed. every webpage takes at least 10 seconds to load and If I'm lucky and can connect to a game Server online. I lost Host connection withing 30 **bleep**ing Seconds. Whats the **bleep**ing Deal with this company. Our you a bunch of crooks and just Trumping people. I think so.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lucymn 

Nowhere does HughesNet advertise their service as being good for gaming, because it isn't, which any research concerning such will tell you.  The latency, which is usually in the 600ms range, is far too high for it to be a viable provider for internet gaming.  Turn based games are fine, however, as they don't rely on quick action.  

If you have an advertisement that suggests otherwise please take a snapshot of it and post it in a reply.

https://www.hughesnet.com/frequently-asked-questions

Gaming.JPG

If you're having issues with your speed, please see this page, and if you choose to do what's listed in order to get help, provide us with the Results URL.

The "deal with this company" is that's it's a satellite internet provider.   

Lastly, if you choose to use this support community, please refrain from using foul language while doing so.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@lucymn wrote:
This is the slowest internet by far. first of alll for the price if i lived in the city I could get fiber optic line with 900Mbps download and upload speed and unlimited data. 

Welcome to living in rural America!  If you have any landline options available, then I would suggest going to one of them.  Your second option would be to move to the glorious city and get that fiber you crave.  The last option is to chill out and learn that living in a rural location that typically doesn't have options aside from satnet or dialup is a good bit different from city life.

@lucymn wrote:
Every game has a ping of 700-1000.

That would be able typical for an online game over satellite internet.  I can play SCII and D3 online just fine, sure there's a delay, but you get used to it after a while.

@lucymn wrote:
Are you guys **bleep**ing high. Get it together.

Fewer insults towards others, especially when you obviously didn't research anything before hand or before signing a two year contract, tends to result in better assistance, keep this in mind.

@lucymn wrote:
If I'm lucky and can connect to a game Server online. I lost Host connection withing 30 **bleep**ing Seconds. 

Out of curosity, what game are you trying to play, and on what platform?

Liz

Good morning lucymn, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!