cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 24 hours and we already give up

Only 24 hours and we already give up

Where shall I begin?  With the phone that drops caller ID after the first ring or the long pause to get a dial tone or the fact that there is such an echo on the other end that conversations are impossible?  Or, that our home phone # of 30 years had to be changed and no one bothered to inform us until it was done?  Or that our internet is NOT faster than our previous provider, as we were assured it would be. It's quite terrible, actually. Or that I'd have to spend nearly 2 hours on the phone while they, complete with ridiculously loud background noise making it a struggle to hear the representative, ran test after test after test.  I finally refused when I was told "we'd like to run 3 more diagnostic tests, can you go back to..." Ummm...no and no.  And that was only for the internet!  We hadn't even begun the "problem solving" for the phone.  Fun times, indeed. Or that the rep let it slip that they were having some compatibility issues with Mac.  Everything in this house has an apple logo on it.  Gee...would've been nice to have mentioned that before asking us to sign a contract!  It didn't help that I was given a Wednesday morning appointment and the serviceman (who was very, very nice) showed up at nearly 3:00.  I waited at home ALL day because, I dunno, I guess this customer has nothing better to do.  His boss tried to call my husband once the day prior.  When he got no answer AND did not leave a message, perhaps he should have called back to let us know there was a schedule change and ASK if that worked for us rather than leave me in la-la land when I could have been accomplishing something with my day.   Today, after many phone calls I FINALLY managed to convince them that there was no retrieving this customer.  Dot your i's and cross your t's before signing up, folks.

Hughes net comes with more surprises than a 5 year old child's birthday party.

Cancellation #52314046
2 REPLIES 2
Assistant Professor

Re: Only 24 hours and we already give up

Or that our internet is NOT faster than our previous provider, as we were assured it would be.
Can I ask who your previous provider was?

Re: Only 24 hours and we already give up

Good morning Susi,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear this, I can understand how frustrating that can be. I wish we could have worked on addressing your concerns here in the community. We value your feedback, as this will help us improve our service to the rest of our subscribers, so thank you again for sharing your experience.

Good luck with your future ISP.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->