cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenID not properly set for this UserID Error

Re: OpenID not properly set for this UserID Error

Hi David,

Thanks for stopping in. Yes, this OpenID concern for us is still ongoing, I'm sorry. I would like to address your underlying concerns, about data usage. Since the Support Center is not an option for you now, you can still use the Status Meter for reference. The data reflected in the Status Meter and the meter in the Support Center is what we use to determine your usage.

Other community members who are also HughesNet subscribers like yourself have suggested third party programs such as Glasswire or NetGuard to track what programs on your computer are using data and how much. This may help you find a program or few which are using more data than you think. I'm sure those members who are familiar with these programs can lend a hand if needed.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

FWIW for anyone reading this, I use a router management utility/firmware called Gargoyle which, among other things, allows me to track data usage through my entire network; I do not have just one PC to monitor, but multiple devices under multiple layers of routers. I have a dedicated "top" router attached to the Hughes modem whose sole purpose is to track total throughput.

The OpenID error prevents me from comparing usage reporting by the hour; to even attempt it I have to dig into the modem's diagnostic data tables one by one, which is extremely cumbersome, and the diagnostic data is not archived for more than 24 hours.  Even then there is sometimes* disagreement between my router's network level tracking, the HT1000's own diagnostic data, and Hughes' reported/subtracted Usage. (Gwalk900 once did an excellent analysis here showing this problem in perfect detail, which was left unaddressed as far as I can tell, so there is really no point in repeating it).

*I have to say that I have not noticed a great disconnect in the usage data for some time now, but I also have not been paying extremely close attention either; there haven't been disparities on the GB scale recently at the least.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled OpenID Error - 2 years, Alternative for Hourly?.

As posted in this thread, I have had the Open ID Error for 2 years now, which prevents me from doing the hour-by-hour analysis of any discrepancy between my tallied usage, the modem's tallied usage, and Hughes' Data Allowance Usage.  Is there any other way for me to see historical, hourly Data Allowance data?  Is there actually any effort being made to fix the OpenID error for my account?  Does the OpenID error exists for all accounts?  If not, can I simply be set up with a new account ID that does not have the OpenID error?

I am using router throttling within my network, and as router throttling becomes at some point the throwing away of data, I want to know at which point router throttling becomes detrimental with regard to my data throughput at the modem.

Hi David,

I know it's frustrating, and it's also frustrating for our engineers who are trying to address the OpenID situation. There are a lot of interrelated moving parts in the background which are sensitive to change, which has been a challenge to us in addressing this particular concern. It doesn't affect all accounts and we've seen it be intermittent for some. 

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Can I simply be set up with a new, 'clean' account ID without this problem?

Hi David,

This OpenID error is associated with your SAN, so unfortunately, no, we wouldn't be able simply set up a new account.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

So... change the modem? Change the radio?

Good morning David,

No, changing modems and radios won't change your SAN. The only way to change SAN is cancel the account and sign up again. I've brought this up with management and we'll get in touch with the engineering team who is handling this OpenID situation to see what we can do. Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience, we're also hoping to have this addressed once and for all.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

I am currently dealing with this issue.  Has there been any progress in correcting this situation?

I am getting "OpenID is not properly set for this user" and can no longer access Bandwidth usage or token purchase.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I wish I could say we had a fix for all instances of this error, but let's see what we can do for you. Please scroll up and click on the New Post button to start your own thread and include screenshots of the error message. This helps our developers who may be able to look into this for you. Please take care in cropping out any personal information, including your SAN.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz