Did you mean: 
Missy
Freshman

Outage

When is the system coming back online? It’s been 24 hours
20 REPLIES 20
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The system's up.  Can you give more details about what you're experiencing? For example, are all lights on the modem off?  When did the problem begin?  The mods won't be able to do much for you without a more detailed post from you.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Missy wrote:
When is the system coming back online? It’s been 24 hours

The system keeps cycling on and off. All lights but transmit and system come on, then the modem restarts
maratsade

Can you access this page at all?  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary

If you can, what is the state code there? 

I'm not sure if the Hughesnet reps are here today -- they may be off until Wednesday due to the holiday.  I guess you could try the 800 number or the chat too.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Missy wrote:
The system keeps cycling on and off. All lights but transmit and system come on, then the modem restarts

I can’t get to that page. But when I pull up my account it does say some people are experiencing connection problems. We’re in central Kentucky
maratsade

That's probably what it is. Hughesnet is having an issue with one of their network providers, so the only thing to do is wait until HN and the provider having the issue fix this. Apparently they're working on it.  I hope it gets fixed quickly for you.

@Missy wrote:
I can’t get to that page. But when I pull up my account it does say some people are experiencing connection problems. We’re in central Kentucky

GabeU

I think a lot of it had to do with the CenturyLink issue.  It seems their problem affected a LOT of internet subscribers, regardless of provider.  

Reminds me of when that fiber line was accidentally cut many months ago.  That was a fun time.  😛 

Ugh, that doesn’t sound good. Day 2 no internet. Hopefully they give free gb for this!
maratsade

Because the CenturyLink outage is not Hughesnet's fault, they may not give free tokens, but we can always hope for the best.  The outage apparently continues to affect a huge number of subscribers to many different ISPs.  I imagine/hope CenturyLink is working with their ISP customers (such as Hughesnet) to restore service, but depending on what it is that went wrong, it may take some time.  The whole situation is awful, especially the loss of 911 services in so many places. 

@Missy wrote:
Ugh, that doesn’t sound good. Day 2 no internet. Hopefully they give free gb for this!

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

The outage apparently continues to affect a huge number of subscribers to many different ISPs. 

Oh, wow.  I thought it was over.  Still, I think Missy's issue may be something else, as she said she can't connect to the page you posted.  

maratsade

It's supposed to be over (so says CenturyLink) but I've read people are still w/o Internet.  I wonder if this is related to the holidays and maybe there aren't people at the ISP's HQ to turn things back on?  It's a big mess to be sure.

Edit:  https://status.ctl.io/

Maybe I can’t connect to that page because I’m doing it from my cell phone. Not sure but this sucks
maratsade

I can connect to that page using my browser on my phone.    I think Gabe may be right, that the problem is with your modem. 

What's not working for me is the app.  Edit: Well, that was short lived -- after a few minutes it started working again. 

GabeU

@Missy wrote:
Maybe I can’t connect to that page because I’m doing it from my cell phone. Not sure but this sucks

Maybe.  I just tried with my phone and it worked, but maybe yours is different.  I'm using an Android based phone (LG Premier LTE (Tracfone)) and tried with both the built in browser and the Chrome browser.  

I was able to connect using my iPad but the connectivity test failed
maratsade

If you're able to connect to the page (http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary)  again, could you check what your system state code is?

@Missy wrote:
I was able to connect using my iPad but the connectivity test failed

Yay! I finally have internet. I called support and was able to reregister
maratsade

That's very cool, Missy. Glad you got this fixed, finally!

@Missy wrote:

GabeU

@Missy wrote:

Awesome!  🙂 🙂 🙂 

GabeU

@Missy

If you're unable to get to the page maratsade posted, your issue may actually be a modem issue, as you should be able to get to that page regardless of whether the internet is working.  Like if you had a ton of snow on your dish and you couldn't get any signal, you should still be able to get to that page, as it's a local page that connects to the modem itself, not the internet.  Hopefully the reps will reply soon and let you know what the problem might be.  And if you're still experiencing the problem, it's even more unlikely that it's connected to the outage, as it's now been fixed for a day or two.  

If you don't already, it would be a good idea for you to leave your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  

Regarding the outage and tokens, though anything's possible, it's unlikely that they'd give any due to the problem not being with HughesNet, but an upstream provider (CenturyLink).  Their issue actually affected people on many different ISPs, not just HughesNet.  

It started yesterday morning